German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
ok, so this is random, but all three of my dogs have had minor upset stomachs over the last 24 hrs. One had a bout of diarrhea (ate another dogs food, so we think that upset her stomach), and the other two threw up a couple of times (we think they got sick over stress). I just got home and was going to give them rice for dinner, ya know, the BRAT diet for upset stomachs. Anyway, I have no rice. Thinking of what I have and for them to eat, I have bread and cheerios. Would it be ok to give them cheerios or would the bread be better? Or both? Should I toast it? How much should I give them each? Thank you!

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Of course I'm going to recommend you take the dogs to the vet first. All three having diarrhea is a bit concerning. Perhaps the vet will want a stool sample.

If they all got sick from the same bag of kibble I would toss the bag. It maybe rancid.

I would not give cheerios as a substitute meal. It has zero nutrients that a dog needs.

You can cook ground turkey or hamburger. Drain well. Mix in mashed sweet potato, nothing added to the sweet potato.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts