German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this site and want to get some feedback on the use of ACV on my boy jagger. I have heard a lot of good things about using it. My first question would be, how much do I use if adding to his water? Has anyone used this before? Any feedback is appreciated!

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
I give my chickens ACV (braggs) in their water daily..The dogs, every few days.

I have never had pasty butts in my chickens:) Dogs seem to be fine..I should start drinking it myself:)

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
I just started giving mine ACV. They have a very large water bowl and I put about a tablespoon or so in the water every time I give them water. The cats and dogs drink from the bowl. I hear that its good for pee spots in the grass and keeping ticks away.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I give my chickens ACV (braggs) in their water daily..The dogs, every few days.

I have never had pasty butts in my chickens:) Dogs seem to be fine..I should start drinking it myself:)
My hubby drinks it he says it's helps with his heartburn and gives him energy and just overall makes him feel better, I tried myself but couldn't get it down lol yuck. He says the more you drink it the more you develop a taste for it and it kind of taste like lemonade after awhile ( I think not ) ..

Someone also told me you could rub it on your dog to take away dog odor, not sure how true that is I never tried it though..

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
My hubby drinks it he says it's helps with his heartburn and gives him energy and just overall makes him feel better, I tried myself but couldn't get it down lol yuck. He says the more you drink it the more you develop a taste for it and it kind of taste like lemonade after awhile ( I think not ) ..

Someone also told me you could rub it on your dog to take away dog odor, not sure how true that is I never tried it though..
A friend of mine actually drinks it and it helps with her re-occuring kidney stones. It helps break them down.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
ACV tastes good diluted in hot water with a good spoon of honey.

It's like lemon, you aint gonna eat a lemon but with loads of sugar or honey it does taste good.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Yes I forgot to mention he dilutes of course, but I didn't know about the honey part, I'll have to tell him ;)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
124 Posts
We gave this to our horses in their water and they loved it... never thought about giving it to the dogs, but I am now.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hey thanks, you saved me a post on this! My trainer just told me about this the other night, and I was wondering if anybody here used it. She said it helped one dog finally stop getting chronic ear infections, and another with chronic diarrhea, and that she gives it to all her pets - horses, dogs, cats, even the parakeet. I'm gonna try it too, my girl has SIBO. Good luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts