German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 16 month old male that has been losing weight, vet checked. Has also been lethargic. No parasites and blood work indicated nothing abnormal. He was given antibiotics and probiotics. Stools small and mushy. Tried different dog foods. He still picks at food and seems uninterested in eating. I'm at at a loss. Any help deeply appreciated.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Greasy stools and weight loss? Absolutely have the vet check for Pancreatic Insufficiency which can run in GSDs. Ask for that test specifically. If it is that, good news is it is treatable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Try boiled chicken and rice. It seems to work wonders for loose stools. You're already doing the right thing by taking him to the vet. Hopefully he feels better soon and you're able to find the underlying issue.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My vet gave me an Rx for a great product called Entyce. My GSD Ruger has had bad panosteitis that makes him lose his appetite. He was losing weight from not eating. One dose of this product every day gets his appetite back to normal. It’s not cheap but it is worth it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts