German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
I recently switched Stosh from Nature's Variety to Orijen- he LOVES it! Great poops, no problem getting him to eat, he enjoys every meal- really happy with it

·
Registered
668 Posts
My mom recently (within the last 3-4 months) put her 11 year old puppy-like Labrador Retriever on Orijen Senior. He loves it! No itching like he used to and he's never been food picky, but he really eats this food up just like every other food he's eaten. He has good, firm, less stinky poo my mom says.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have been using it for almost 3 years now. Any foster that I get also goes on it. My dogs all love it and they look great! No problem with upset stomach or loose stools. One of my shepherds has a mild chicken allergy so we use the fish formula.

·
Registered
798 Posts
If you do switch to Orijen, remember to do the old to new food transition VERY slowly!

My dog started vomiting all her food when I started adding more Orijen to the mix than I initially was. As soon as I reduced the amount and continued feeding like that for a couple days more, that problem was fixed. I'm still adding Orijen but only little by little and very slowly.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I had Cullen on LBP Orijen, and Giz on Senior Orijen, and they did pretty well. Locally, Care-A-Lot just started carrying it, which is new since there used to only be ONE place who had it ( Doggstuff, who currently is cheaper by about 10 bucks a bag, but has stated that the prices are going to be raised next month)....

I personally didn't want to deal with such a big price difference when we wanted to go from chicken to seafood so even though I switched to RAW, with Cullen growing so rapidly and being so active, I have found it more affordable to do Kibble in the morning, Raw at night .... and we use Nutri-Source and LOVE IT

·
Registered
240 Posts
I feed Orijen Adult in the morning and Raw at night also. I love this food, the dogs look excellent and they love it!

·
Registered
253 Posts
So happy to see folks feeding kibble & raw. I thought I was the only one!

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
No way! LOL Almost everyone I know that feeds raw splits it up... Meat is just so daggon expensive ( ****, so is good dog food!)...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts