German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to switch my 1yo to raw soon. In order to minimize the gross factor, I've also decided to start with those air dried dog food, like ziwipeaks. Have a large shipment of dried/canned food waiting...

My question is..for my 60lb pretty active pup, the recommendation seems to be to feed between 4-6 scoops of dry or 4 cans of moist per day. Yet the site also says due to quality of food, less food would have to be fed.

My current food for him (Merrick brand dried food) says 4 cups for him, so he's been getting about 5 cups + generous treats/day due to his highly active lifestyle.

Anyone know if "scoops" = cups? Or whether the calculator on ziwipeak site is off?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Scoops come in different sizes

What you can do if you have time is to measure it yourself - get 5 cups together and see how many scoops does that make - if it's within 4-6 range - you're fine (if you have their scoop at home)

Since he's active you'd give him one additional cup and since the food quality is great you'd feed him less

One compensates another and you end up with 4-6 scoops ~ 5 cups :)

*** Advertising removed by ADMIN ***

·
Registered
14 Posts
The scoop in the Ziwipeak bag is not a cup, it is much smaller. It's been some time since I used it, so I don't remember the actual size, but definitely not a cup.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ziwipeak is simply wonderful, I've tried literally everything and nothing came close to it, everything is better now whether it was his weight, coat, digestion or activity level.

Just follow the recommended portion in the back, and you have to use their scoop in the bag, For the record two full scoops are equal to 1 cup. Hope I helped you.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I opened the bag but didn't see a scoop that goes along with the bag...

However, I got an answer from ziwipeaks - they say 1 scoop = 2 oz.
I also know 1 cup = 240ml
Therefore 6 scoops is about 1.5 cups/day.

Togo has started on ziwipeak and he can't get enough of it. He acts like I was feeding him crap before, but it was Merrick. Gah!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Erm my bad -I just found the scoop. It was included in the ziwipeak bag of dry food. The only dry food I've bought which included a scoop!

I didn't have to measure it afterall LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts