German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find her thread but remember she was on the Non-Urgent board for some time. Shes the one that had a foster home, got placed only to find out Abby didn't like cats and her new owners decided to return her to the rescue. By then her foster home had taken in another dog so Abby had to be kennelled??? She hated being kennelled....someone had written such a good write up on her....She ended up going to GS Rescue of New England and I couldn't help but to notice that she's been ADOPTED!!!! Abby now has a home of her very own!!!
http://www.gsrne.org/abby.htm

link that shows Abby Adopted!!!
http://www.gsrne.org/young_at_heart.htm

·
Registered
624 Posts
I'm not sure I remember Abby - but I can tell the pictures and story were put together by Donna (Matsired)!

I'm glad Abby found a home of her own!

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks....Donna did an outstanding job at helping Abby and making her memorable....Her story just touched my heart soooo much, I'll never forget her and I'm thrilled to know she now has a loving home of her very own!!!!

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
I remember Abby!
I'm so happy for her!!

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've looked everywhere for her thread but I'm so glad you remember her too!!!! She was just such a special little girl and I'm thrilled to see she was adopted

Doing the happy dance!!!

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Originally Posted By: shilohsmomI've looked everywhere for her thread but I'm so glad you remember her too!!!! She was just such a special little girl and I'm thrilled to see she was adopted

Doing the happy dance!!!
Hi Rosa,

I've read some of your other posts lately and notice that you are a big advocate for the underdogs. Abby was definitely in that category, and I'm so glad to see she made such an impression on you and that you've been thinking of her even after so much time has passed.

Abby's story is still on the GSRNE.org website as you mentioned. She needed to be boarded for a long time because there were no appropriate foster homes available for her, and she started to deteriorate. We did a photo story on her to help promote her more widely. She was the hardest dog I've ever tried to photograph because she was so stressed and so unbelievably sad, which made it even harder to show her in a good light. So we simply showed her true demeaner at the time, in one word, devestated.

Eventually, a GREAT foster home was found who really turned her around, and then she she was adopted into a family that absolutely adores her (I've seen the emails that have come in, they are thrilled with her). She is on my list of follow-up photo shoots to do, and when those photos come in, I'll be sure to update you with them.

In the meantime, here are a few photos of her when she moved from boarding into her new foster home. (permission granted from GSRNE to post here.)

With her new puppy foster brother on her new bed.

New foster dad. If this shot doesn't make you love rescue work, not sure what will!
(yup, we all cried around the computer when this image came in)

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh my gosh, tears are rolling off my face right now... When I say I love these dogs I mean it!!! I'll never forget Abby and I thank you with all my heart for the wonderful job you did at telling her story. These animals have no voice, we must speak for them. Your photos spoke directly into our hearts and we so appreciate that!!
I'm just so very thrilled that she now has a family of her very own.
Yes, I always go for the 'underdog'... the seniors or 'special cases' (like mange or such)...I fiquire they need me as much as I need them.
Thanks again and I would love nothing more than to see an update on this very special girl.
Hugs

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just wanted to add that Millie is on their website too if anyone wanted to go take a quick look/see. She has a wonderful story with such a heartwarming ending. Its especially nice when were able to follow our dogs and see how their lifes have changed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts