German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
scrip sera's doc gave me (she's scratching at her ears, shaking her head), it's in a dropper bottle with the vet office label, just the bottle, no "use, indications/contraindications etc" sheet...instructions say "apply several drops in both ears once daily for 5-7 days".

anyone know what this is...couldn't seem to come up with anything applicable to dogs via google...is it antibiotic, anti-inflammatory, steroid, fungicide...???

thanks!

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
ive never heard of it. everything our vet gives us has the indications/contradiction sheet.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
I've never heard of it, but I found a paragraph about HB101 being a topical treatment for injured pads. I also found an article where a vet tech in Canada was telling someone that they use HB101 on lick granulomas at the clinic she works at. But I, like you, couldn't find anything else about it!

The first reference is about 6 paragraphs down in the following article:

http://www.navhda.us/pnwc/firstaid/first_aid.htm

Pad injuries: Pads should be inspected after each day's hunt for cuts and abrasions. Foxtail, cheat grass, etc. should be carefully removed. For cut pads, your vet can provide a topical treatment called: "HB101". If you are in the field, however, a wet tea bag applied to a foot wound will help the healing process due to the tannic acid in the tea. Pads that have a torn loose flap should have the flap trimmed using scissors (some knives, e.g. Swiss army knives and Leatherman tools have scissors on them). The pad should then be protected with a boot or wrap. Pads must have time to heal and can take anywhere from one to three weeks to replace the outer skin when it is sloughed or abraded.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks "moms"
that's a start. smells kinda like alcohol, and the sera-girl acts like it stings when it's dropped in her ears. anyone else know anything more about it?

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
I have never heard of this treatment for dogs. The only thing our vet has ever given Rocky is Otomax for his ears.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is a "plant vitalizer" from Japan called HB101. It's organic and natural, and the Japanese owner of our local nursery swears by it for skin care. She has amazing skin even though she is outside all the time and at least in her late 60's. She puts some in her drinking water and uses it topically, too. It tastes and smells terrible, but you only use a few drops. They have a website you can check for more info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts