German Shepherds Forum banner

Anyone know or use Pro Meris?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  gsdcentral 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone uses or knows anything about Pro Meris?

I have always used Frontline Plus but my Vet has stopped carrying it and this is what they have in place of the Frontline Plus. Just wanted to get a little feedback on this product before I bought it since I need to get some more for next month. The girl at the front desk said the reason why they stopped carrying Frontline is b/c the dogs were getting immune to it so it wasn't working as well.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
I work for a vet and we are selling this now also. What you were told is true.The "critters" were getting or are getting immune to Frontline which has been out for 11 years. I use it on my two dogs and so far it seems fine. Kai got E.canis while on frontline. The true test will be come the warmer weather. Need anymore info please pm me if you would like.

#3 ·
The clinic where I work is also selling Promeris. It is a new product that the fleas haven't been exposed to. It also contains Amitraz (sp?) for ticks, the same thing that's in Mitaban dips and Preventic collars. Someone sent me an article a while back about possible interactions between ivermec and amitraz. We mentioned it to our vet and he contacted Fort Dodge (makers of Promeris) and they say they are not aware of anything. I do know one vet who recommends putting dogs on Interceptor if they are going to wear tick collars. We have only sold a few packages of Promeris but so far the results are good. Like wrfd44-2 said, the true test will be the warmer weather. Another reason our vet is selling Promeris is because the pet stores and online pharmacies are all selling frontline and advantix. Promeris is supposed to be exclusive to practicing vets who have a clinic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.