German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the subject says, I am looking for "recipes" for frozen treats, OR treats that can be cooked in the microwave. Nothing that has to be cooked on the stove top OR in the oven. It is in the 100 degree range here and I am NOT going to heat up the whole house to cook dog treats. Heck, I won't even use the oven for ME.

And nothing with liver in it please.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Mine love frozen carrots! I buy bags of sliced frozen carrots and hand them out like treats.

How's that for an easy recipe? Open bag.

·
Registered
6,271 Posts
Not really a recipe but Ice Pups are kinda fun, the recipe part is already done for you, just mix with water and freeze.

http://www.thehonestkitchen.com/products/ice_pups.shtml

Like Tracy said frozen carrots too, although I do notice orange pieces in the poop if I give to many, I don't think they digest it all they way, like humans and corn

ours go nuts for plain ole ice cubes as well

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Re: Anyone have recipes for frozen or Micowv treat

A really easy one that I like to make for summer treats:

Use an empty ice cube tray
Fill each slot with 1 tbsp plain, unsweetened yogurt
Add 1/4 tsp carob powder
Stir
Add water to fill
Freeze and your pups will enjoy!

You can also mush up bananas and add that to the yogurt and carob powder

·
Registered
10,225 Posts

Peanut butter + honey + plain yogurt/vanilla ice cream + smashed fruit like banana or strawberry + kong + freezer = Canine Yummy Heaven! This also happens to taste really good (in a bowl).

Or for meat, ground meat in Kong + freezer. Use canned fish, ground turkey, whatever. Mix it up by shoving a turkey or chicken heart or two in the kong.

Anything that would make a good, natural human smoothie might be good for the dog. I don't use milk except for the extremely occasional splash, otherwise yogurt, vanilla ice cream, lots of fruit and some honey.

·
Registered
411 Posts

I make something like Diana described with peanut butter, cooked oatmeal and a slice of deli ham or turkey. roll it all up in the deli meat wrap in wax paper and freeze, then slice off chucks of the roll.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts

Here's one that a friend of mine posted on her website:

Blondie's Frosty Paws

1 32oz Vanilla or Plain Organic Yogurt

2 Mashed Ripe Bananas

2 TBS Organic Peanut Butter

2 Tea Organic Honey

Fold Yogurt into bananas, peanut butter, and honey. Store in small containers in freezer. Makes 8 plastic cups.

http://www.gretchenscancerawareness.org/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts