German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for photos of German Shepherds who are very fit/muscular. Does anyone have a photos of dogs that are in great shape or know where I can find some photos?
I am trying to show what it looks like when a GSD is in very good body condition (lean/muscular) versus "regular" or "average" (less muscular) shape. I am not sure how much of the muscle tone is usually visible in photos with a GSD type of coat?

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Stark is only 1 year old so there isn't a whole lot of muscle, but I would consider him very fit for his age. No body fat that's foresure.

These few are a series and you can kinda "see" the muscle/toned areas as he goes for the ball..

These are just a few standing/stack photo's that I have caught him in from the past few weeks.

One of him working (tracking).

This is a stacked photo of Stark at 10ish months old, I think he looks pretty fit for a 10 month old.

Not sure of this is what you were looking for. I have more "athletic" photo's (jumping, running, etc..) if that's what you would like too.

·
Banned
8,988 Posts
Zenzy is heavy boned (look at her legs) and muscular as well as pretty darn powerfull and really really fast. There is almost no dog that I know off (not even Yukon) that is faster than her.

Yukon is 79lbs of muscles. He is very different from Zenzy, even though they have the same daddy, he is not as heavy boned as Zenzy is. Yet very fit and powerful too.

Both

The most powerful dog EVER (Yukon) Who said that working dogs can't be couch potatoes? :D

·
Registered
6,690 Posts

Freya has a very wide rib cage, and that makes her look "heavier" from a distance, but she has a nice tuck and is very lean.

Rayden is very plushy, but you can still see a nice tuck!

ETA: I re-read your post lol The pic of Freya by herself, you can see quite a bit of defined muscle in her shoulders and haunches. Rayden, you can see his body shape, but definitely no muscle definition visible under all that hair!

·
Super Moderator
21,368 Posts
Here's some of Masi,,she is a lean, solid machine, always on the go, weighs in at 70lbs:))

·
Registered
27,206 Posts
Gideon v [email protected] months:

Karlo has some wide shoulders and at his age is very strong~he pulled me down for the first time last weekend, then took the helper down!

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I was hoping you would post J.... Everytime I see your posted pics... I swoon. Someone said fit GSD and J instantly popped into my head.... and j is still young right?

·
Super Moderator
21,368 Posts
Missy I was just going to tell her that:))))

·
Super Moderator
27,461 Posts
Skip past the first minute (why it's ok to be jumping a dog under a year old) and then you can see video of a 10 month old and also a 6 yr old GSD that are pretty fit...

·
Super Moderator
32,033 Posts
I am not sure how much of the muscle tone is usually visible in photos with a GSD type of coat?
I think in order to really see muscle you'd need a pretty tight close coat, but even in a longcoat you can usually see a tuck from the side, and definitely a waist when viewed from above. Ribs, not so much, because of the extra fur.

Here's Halo after her spay shave, taken the day after Christmas:

This is a little over 2 months later, after the fur has started to grow back:

You can see Keefer's tuck in this one:

He has to be dripping wet to see his actual condition (which is why I go by feel instead), but as soon as he shakes once, it's all over and he's fluffy boy again.

Here's a standing picture of him that I like:

And one of Dena & Keefer in a full out run:

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
I was hoping you would post J.... Everytime I see your posted pics... I swoon. Someone said fit GSD and J instantly popped into my head.... and j is still young right?
Aww, thanks... He'll be one on the first.

He uses to flirt pole and spring pole a LOT, it keeps him very trimmed and fit.

Here's J working the flirt and spring poles.

Crazy eyes lol

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Off topic, but do you have any links to how to make a flirt pole/spring pole and how to use it. lol. I have heard of it... but when I was looking on youtube....some of the videos were um.... not smart looking..... Do you really just hold the pole above the dog and have them try to jump to to get it?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts