German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!
Is anyone here familiar with (American) show line GSDs and would be willing to critique a puppy for me? I am not used to the show type so I am not sure if the appearance is typical for a pup this age (almost 4 months.)
If anyone is familiar with that type of GSD, I can send the photos if you PM me. Thanks!

·
Registered
15,138 Posts
Chicagocanine, I know you are looking for a pup. I would post the pedigree so that some of the people who are more in the know that I am with American lines can look at the pedigree. There are some dogs that do very well in the AKC show ring and that is it. There are other AKC breeders who are doing more things with their dogs.

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
I am not familiar with American lines, but I am impressed with the titles on the dam! That is similar to what I hope to achieve with Kenya. Personally, I need to see titles on both sides of the name.

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Oooo!!! I've met Aries!! He's a LOVELY dog

Kent Boyles (Handler in Aries picture) is a lovely man, breeder, and GSD handler. He is HARD on good temperament. Won't deal with kooks.

Mom has better pasterns than dad does (Dad is overangulated in the pastern). Both have a considerable amount of rear angulation, and it goes back in the pedigree, so be aware of that fact as you'll probably have a puppy with a substantial amount of rear end.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally Posted By: Xeph
Mom has better pasterns than dad does (Dad is overangulated in the pastern). Both have a considerable amount of rear angulation, and it goes back in the pedigree, so be aware of that fact as you'll probably have a puppy with a substantial amount of rear end.
Thanks for that info. That is the main reason I am not sure... I tend to prefer the less angulated look so I am trying to decide if a more show-type build is acceptable to me...

·
"I like Daffy" Moderator
3,276 Posts
If you are worried that show type GSD's can't work, just look at the pictures on my website. You can also email me the picture of the puppy and I will help you if I can.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts