German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are 2 dogs in my house - winter shepherd and summer shepherd. Summer shepherd lays in front of the AC all evening with hardly a peep. Summer shepherd is content with a 30 minute evening walk and to lay around and watch TV all night.

Winter shepherd is a maniac. He requires a 90 minute walk in the evening if you want any kind of peace in the house! He is constantly on the wrong side of the door. He drops toys in your lap and whines. He does zoomies around the house.

Don't get me wrong, I love my sheppie with all my heart and winter shepherd is a lot of fun, but sometimes I just miss that summer shep!

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Same here. Summer Kilo is outside with me ALL day & is fine just being outside. No real excersise.
Hes pooped at the end of the day & sleeps all night.

Winter Kilo is very very crazy! Ripping cushions off my couch & whining in the midddle of the night. I take him out for an hour a day (sometimes its just too cold for me) & that doesnt really do anything fo him.
lol

Oh well, 4 more months....

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
<u>Summer Shepherd</u>

- swimming
- hiking
- ball throwing
- chasing the bugs
- playing at the beach
- taining outdoors
- training indoors
- doggy playdates

<u>Winter Shepherd</u>

- hiking
- snowball fights
- zoomies in the snow
- ball throwing
- indoor training
- outdoor training
- doggy playdates
- chasing the snowflakes

About the same in my house, "both" my Shepherds are equally as crazy all the time, weather doesn't interfere.. lol.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I am in the same boat as you. Winter Meega is constantly wanting to play ball, run around, bug the cat, go to the park, doggy playdates. Summer Meega still does all of that, but not all the time. Especially when it gets to be July and Aug due to the humidity. We also add wading in water as she does not like to swim.

·
Registered
11,280 Posts
Yup got them both but I wouldn't trade him for the world

·
Registered
12,829 Posts
Morgan is a 4 season dog - equally insane all the time. She's woolly in the winter and wet all summer.

Otto seems to be a cool weather shepherd. He gets hot so he doesn't want to do as much as he does when it's under 70 degrees. He's been a maniac with all the snow in the last few weeks.

It snowed all last weekend, started on friday and didn't stop until late sunday. He was outside most of the time dancing in the snow or laying on a snowbank. When I'd call him in to warm up, he'd want to go back outside 10 minutes later.

Morgan kept looking at him like you're on your own, Dipstick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts