German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This sucks, I'm at work now and I have to work again tomorrow. Can't the prisons shut down for the hollidays?

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I feel your pain. I worked for a 911 center for 11 yrs. Now I am working in a school district. I traded good pay for days off :(

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
I sympathize with you. I worked almost every Christmas for many years ... it sucks!

Hope you have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS despite having to work!

·
Registered
987 Posts
Understand how you feel, I'm a RN and hospitals never close.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I am not yet, but I am scheduled for backshift tonight. Thankfully, it is my last day, then off for four. Last year had to work backshift on both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. It was pretty quiet Christmas Eve and really busy Christmas Day. Hoping for the same this year.

Oh, and did I mention DH offered up our house for Christmas dinner tomorrow (he is also working backshift tonight)? And I have cooked maybe one turkey in my life. :crazy:
No, I am not stressed at all. LOL

And my presents aren't even wrapped.

Merry Christmas all and stay safe.

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
The dog's gotta eat. We're open all year round too, but I traded days off with another co-worker so I was lucky to be able to travel home.

·
Registered
32,553 Posts
I will be later but I get to do it from home and trade off for vacation hours.

Merry Christmas Jeff! Thank you for doing what you do!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Uh, I'm at work and running on 2 hours of sleep. Wednesday night I didn't get to bed until 3:30 a.m with a sick child with some unknown severe bladder pains.

After I leave work, I have to immediately go home, change, and leave again. And wake up bright and early tomorrow to host Christmas! I feel like the walking dead right now....

My christmas wish is to get some sleep tonight!

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Many thanks to the people who keep the world turning for those of us on holiday! We appreciate your efforts.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Novarobin.....Get a turkey cooking bag. Can't go wrong with the bag.

Everyone who works the holiday to keep the rest of us healthy, safe and otherwise....Thank You! God Bless! and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Oh this is something I really look forward to once I get into the career field.:crazy:

I am sorry you all have to work during the holidays. :( If I could I would send you all a big batch of freshly baked brownies!!:D

I really want to send the troops overseas some brownies, but I am scared the food may go bad, or someone else may eat them!

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Jessie, When I win the lottery, I'm going to set you up in your own bakery. Well....We can both dream can't we? Merry Christmas sweet girl.

Jan

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Jessie, When I win the lottery, I'm going to set you up in your own bakery. Well....We can both dream can't we? Merry Christmas sweet girl.

Jan
That would be so cool! Thank you! I am still planning on opening my own bakery, that everyone will be invited to come and enjoy.

Merry Christmas to you too!=D

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I'm feeling very Grinchy here at work. Came in at 11pm will hopefully get to go home at 7 if the person doesn't call in or show up to late. *Sigh* I don't normally work Christmas Eve. This is the first time in forever I can remember having to. I'm quite Pfft about it and I feel guilty that I feel this way but sheesh.

I have young kids at home and I have to work. Those other employees that are young, have told me they really have no plans and don't have kids, are off?? I don't get that.

Ho Ho Ho-humbug. I do hope you all have a Merry Christmas though!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Oh this is something I really look forward to once I get into the career field.:crazy:

I am sorry you all have to work during the holidays. :( If I could I would send you all a big batch of freshly baked brownies!!:D

I really want to send the troops overseas some brownies, but I am scared the food may go bad, or someone else may eat them!

Jessie, look up recipes for jar cakes. if you do it right, you can send them jars of basically air tight cakes and brownies. its pretty cool and you just send an unopened thing of frosting for them to put on. I would recommend however that you send if to someone you know personally overseas otherwise, it'll get tossed out as a threat. My church back home sends care packages.

as far as working xmas eve and xmas, i was supposed this year but they decided last minute they needed a skeleton crew for xmas eve so since i work nights i wasnt needed and we're closed xmas so yay. Sorry for those who have to work! I hope you have a good holiday either way!

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Jessie, look up recipes for jar cakes. if you do it right, you can send them jars of basically air tight cakes and brownies. its pretty cool and you just send an unopened thing of frosting for them to put on. I would recommend however that you send if to someone you know personally overseas otherwise, it'll get tossed out as a threat. My church back home sends care packages.

as far as working xmas eve and xmas, i was supposed this year but they decided last minute they needed a skeleton crew for xmas eve so since i work nights i wasnt needed and we're closed xmas so yay. Sorry for those who have to work! I hope you have a good holiday either way!
THanks for the info. Dang, I wish I knew someone personally. I kinda do, but not really. I just went to high school with them, and I don't know where they are stationed.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts