German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am seeking for anyone's assistance with my female GSD. She is 18 months old now but she started o have this sickness since she was 7 months. The only medicine I tried to use is IVOMEC/IVERMECTIN Every time I injected her with that medicine at some ways she get's cured but after a 2 months her hair will start to shed and her paws will start to swell again. Can anyone help me? Thanks and I will definitely appreciate it.

Here in attached pictures of my dog ZETA.

Redd

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,904 Posts
Have you gone to a vet? What is her diagnosis? Why are you giving her ivermectin?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
You need to get another vet . WHAT? is that recurring disease. Is it Mange?
Cure is improving the over all immune system . Good feeding. Treating inside and outside. Shampoo with Defendex which is good for fleas, mange mites and scabies.

Don't be injecting the dog with ivermectin.

Okay , seriously, I can't help myself - I have got to ask. What is that cage system that you have . Looks like the dog is in an elevated , raised, open grid mesh floored , gorilla proof barred pen and big chains attached to the bars , with another similar pen(s) in the room. The nails are super long - don't look like they have had contact with ground .
Dog looks depressed and stressed.

by all means set me straight if I am wrong.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You need to get another vet . WHAT? is that recurring disease. Is it Mange?
Cure is improving the over all immune system . Good feeding. Treating inside and outside. Shampoo with Defendex which is good for fleas, mange mites and scabies.

Don't be injecting the dog with ivermectin.

Okay , seriously, I can't help myself - I have got to ask. What is that cage system that you have . Looks like the dog is in an elevated , raised, open grid mesh floored , gorilla proof barred pen and big chains attached to the bars , with another similar pen(s) in the room. The nails are super long - don't look like they have had contact with ground .

Your right, since he had this problem, I chose not to bring her out coz she might get more serious diseases outside. Can you give me important things to do in able for me to help her?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Bring the dog to the vet and get it's nails cut. Start to walk the dog daily to improve it's well being. No dog should be kept confined like that. It will not get other diseases out side.

The mange can be treated with Iodine. Dilute some Iodine and rub onto affect areas with a sponge every day. Wash the dog more regularly and look after it better.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts

Google image search "redronkennel" - Goldens, Chi's, Rotties, St. Bernards, Boxers, various toy breeds. Quite an operation - same cage and flooring. With a setup like this, not surprised about disease in the kennel.

Take the dog to a qualified vet, start taking proper care of the dog (medication, grooming, nutrition, socialization, proper living conditions), and overhaul your kennel setup. Dog does not look healthy or happy. Living conditions do not appear optimal at all.

·
Registered
513 Posts
OMG! That poor dog needs a vet and some fresh air.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
are you in the US?

This dog is clearly very sick:( you need to find a different vet,

Very very sad pictures:(

·
Registered
252 Posts
OMG that poor puppy :( take her outside for fresh air - a nice soothing bath, show her she I loved.
They are so affectionate - they need to be shown love your pup looks Very depressed along with being sick. I think you need a new vet
Hope she feels better

·
Registered
345 Posts
I am generally a nice guy. But what the heck are you doing to that dog?
They need a exercise. Outdoors. Some quality foods. Maybe a nice soft bed. I am sorry, but it's obvious why your dog is sick. Either give the dog the attention it deserves, or find someone who can.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Properly vetted animals (ones that have all their shots) have a very low risk of "getting diseases".

Maybe you can tell us the actual disease and someone can help.

In the meantime, a walk and time outside in the fresh air would do her well...maybe take the short lead off that's attached to the bars so she can move around in that kennel a bit more....

Poor pup... :(

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I would think that the paw issues alone have to do with her nails and what she is standing on, nothing else. But I'm not a vet.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Them pictures...I dont want to judge but seriously? correct me if im wrong but it looks like shes in a puppy farm. A sad and unhappy dog kept in a cage and whats more it looks like its got a chain on it too!? seriously? How many dogs do you have that are kept like this? Nails like that makes me think the dog hasnt been walked in ages let alone been able to have freedom? Seriously why are you keeping animals like that? If im wrong about anything then please correct me but im pretty sure the dog has been in there for a long time (nails). Id want to use alot more harsh language but im trying to resist.

Also are you from the philippines? I googled you and thats what i got..

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
OMG I feel so bad for that poor dog, I doubt it has ever seen the light of day, I doubt its been a a vet, I doubt its ever been for a walk or had any exercise and by the looks of everything in the photos I doubt that dog has EVER been let out of an inhumane cage... This screams Puppy Mill to me!

Ugg on the verge of tears here because there is nothing we can do.. I doubt the OP will do anything and that dog will continue to suffer, it looks so depressed and sad and what! A chain around its neck even though its in a cage it clearly cant get out of? Can you say barbarism?

People like this make me sick...

Please take this dog to a vet, please give it to someone who actually cares and will take care of her properly.

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
those kinds of "kennels" which are elevated to chest level are what are used in fur farms for foxes . The feces and urine drop to the floor and are swept, hosed.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Not to mention that a dog kept in such horrid conditions with no exercise ( for quite a long time, if the nails are that long) may very well be chewing on her own feet to cause the bleeding on the nail bed.

W.T.H. :angry:

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Google image search "redronkennel" - Goldens, Chi's, Rotties, St. Bernards, Boxers, various toy breeds. Quite an operation - same cage and flooring. With a setup like this, not surprised about disease in the kennel.

Take the dog to a qualified vet, start taking proper care of the dog (medication, grooming, nutrition, socialization, proper living conditions), and overhaul your kennel setup. Dog does not look healthy or happy. Living conditions do not appear optimal at all.
I did and I am now sick to my stomach. Same cages, same flooring, many different breeds of dogs. It looks, from the address of some of the pictures, that he may be located in the Philippines... are there any laws regarding puppymills there?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Ive reported him to paws (phillippine animal welfare society) i doubt theyll be able to do anything but i couldnt not do anything

1 - 20 of 34 Posts