German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of our members of the team is and has certified several levels in tracking /trailing and is a master handler. I will be attending one of their upcoming 3 day conferences and am hoping to test I or II levels, be it if only for experience (as Areli has only been trailing since mid March of this year; although doing very very well). Just curious if anyone else has certified in different avenues with them and is a member :)

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Conference was AMAZING! Learned a ton about VOC'S, scent theory, how dogs learn etc.. I tested level 2 and 3 and did not pass. Areli had a urinary tract infection and worked despite her inability to relieve herself, diarrhea and losing 4lbs.. I got to learn to manage my time better and help her through scent pools..

Today, a very healthy (albeit still very lean) Areli and I tested level 3 (15+hr aged track, 1.5 miles long, water crossing, intersections, cross tracks, 2hr time limit) and passed with flying colors!! Very proud of my girl!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Congratulations to you and Areli! I'll bet that feels just soooooooooo good :)

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks :) Yes, I definitely feels good! Now... Now the real hard part begins - real life searchessearches..

·
Super Moderator
16,483 Posts
Congrats.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you! She is enjoying a well deserved day off, although, I am quite sure she will be pestering me later in the day for a track.. But I sure want her to put her weight back on... She needs a little spare padding for her hardworking days...

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you! :) Still riding the natural high, but sobering up to the heavy reality that now the real test begins: life... Lol..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts