German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this and I thought I might share it! It's super fun, and I fell for every single one of the lines:

1) You are reading this.

2) You are human.

3) You can’t say the letter “P” without separating your lips.

4) You just attempted to do it.

6) You are laughing at yourself.

7) You have a smile on your face and you skipped No. 5.

8) You just checked to see if there is a No. 5.

9) You laugh at this because you are a fun-loving person & everyone else does it too.

10) You are probably going to send this to see who else falls for it.

Tell me if anyone noticed there wasn't a number five before they read it. I'll commend you!

·
Super Moderator
4,614 Posts
nice. I've seen these lists before and I got suspicious. Indeed I saw no number 5 before I was prompted to look for it.
This is one of the nicer "oops, you missed it" lists.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Totally missed the lack of #5!
Math was never my strong suit! 😁

Oh, and it is indeed possible to say "P" with your lips kind of closed, if you say it out of the corner of your mouth...

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As an editor, I didn’t miss it, but that’s what I did for 20yrs! It ruins most things for me, even my own posts! I’m just too lazy in my old age to go back and fix typos now.
Oh boy, so I guess for you they'ed have to do one of those lists with" you missed the semicolon after 'it' in the second line". but you might even catch that! :D

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice. I've seen these lists before and I got suspicious. Indeed I saw no number 5 before I was prompted to look for it.
This is one of the nicer "oops, you missed it" lists.
Really, there are more? I'll find all of them! I send them to just about everyone who writes me letters. i like how well it predicts things. When I did it first, I looked for the number five and as soon as my eyes jumped back the the words I saw "you just checked..." It's interesting how people come up with these.

·
Super Moderator
4,614 Posts
one of the first I've seen was many many years ago with I was in the 4th or 5th grade. The teacher passed out papers that had 10 objectives on it, grammar and math type things to do. The first was 1) read all objectives carefully first 2) ... here is where all the math and grammar problems were written ... 10) skip problems 2 - 9. sign your name and turn return sheet to the teacher's desk.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts