German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roxy not only wants to share her bones with me ..but apparently my assistance is required. If I sit on the floor with my legs stretched out ..she brings her bone over..puts it between my feet and then lays on my lap while she chews on it..usually until she falls asleep and then I am stuck there on the floor while she naps. Anybody else have this going on? If she gets much heavier and keeps doing this I might require assistance getting back up with numb legs.
:) I love her to pieces!

·
Premium Member
4,821 Posts
Roxy not only wants to share her bones with me ..but apparently my assistance is required. If I sit on the floor with my legs stretched out ..she brings her bone over..puts it between my feet and then lays on my lap while she chews on it..usually until she falls asleep and then I am stuck there on the floor while she naps. Anybody else have this going on? If she gets much heavier and keeps doing this I might require assistance getting back up with numb legs.
:) I love her to pieces!
I had to smile when I read this because that's exactly how I raised all our dogs! Yup....blanket on floor, me on the floor with the pup, tv on and I would hold the bones with a piece of paper towel so they wouldn't slip out of my hands from the grease!
From early positive, sharing/training, any family member can walk up to our dogs and pick up their bones!
Our babies aren't babies anymore so thanks for the memories! ;)

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I have been guilty of that. Occasionally Raina still brings me a bone to hold for her while she licks or chews off a certain piece but she doesn't sit on me like she did as a puppy - thank goodness.

·
Super Moderator
32,553 Posts
Halo likes to bring me a bone to hold for her while she chews it, we made a little game out of it:

·
Registered
27,279 Posts
When Karlo was a puppy, that is how he fell asleep at night, with me holding his bone and him whining and chewing on it til he zzzz'ed. I miss those days!

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Haha I was just sitting here holding Rusty's antler for him while he was chewing on it. He will sometimes bring it to me almost asking for me to hold it or him:)

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
YaY I'm not the only holder and keeper of the bones! I really secretly hope she keeps doing it the older she gets no matter if my legs go numb or not. It's bonding time for us and I wouldn't trade the numbness for anything in the world.

I guess I started this by making her let me examine her bones after she got so far with them. I would just go up and say "let mom check your bone"..and she would let me look at it and wait for it back. I guess now she just let's me keep an eye on it AND hold it..saves us both time. :)

ps tonight..I guess I was "keeper" of everything ..I had my lap piled full of toys AND a bone in between my feet AND the 50 lbs 6 month old Roxy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts