German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so how do I use this AKC website to look up info about the pedigree line Roxy came from? or is that not possible?

I have the printed copy the breeder gave me but I was hoping somewhere on the AKC site would be more ways to snoop around and get more info?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fran Von Coco is the mom
Muggins Gustov is the dad

I must be looking it up wrong cuz I can't find anything anywhere except what is on my printed out sheet

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Who are Fran's sire and dam?

Who are Gustov's sire and dam?

Lets see if we can backtrack far enough to find dogs in the pedigree that are readily available online.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok so how do I read this then to go back to the next generation -- on the moms paper it has as the next name Ryan's Von Mojo.. and Bergman Von Megdallin ( on this one how would you know which name is the mom and which is the dad?)

dads paper has

Winters Grace and Sargent Muggins ( I would guess on this one the Winters Grace is the mom and sargent is the dad?)

is this of any help?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
on the next column on dads paper is 2 sets of names
Johanburgi zizi and Indian-Ridges Mishka

then McGuire J Laing and Timber Wind Ruby

on moms paper t says Valentino Von Prairie Haus / Stonehenge Stromie Mite AND
Jollie's Rauch Von Ruffin Haus / Blackie B Flasby

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Sargent Muggins
Winters Grace
http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/german_shepherd_dog/dog.html?id=1361222
http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/german_shepherd_dog/dog.html?id=1361226-timber-wind-ruby
http://www.freedogtree.com/dog/valentino-von-prairie-haus-iaaba0819732001

No offense meant to you, but it looks like this is an American pet breeding. I very much doubt if anyone will be able to give you particulars or specifics about the breeding dogs as the breeding dogs have not been exhibited, titled, shown, worked in any public venue so as to leave a track record. Without any kind of public record or exhibition to a larger public, it is going to be difficult to get any feedback on pet line breeding dogs. You could go ahead and order an AKC official pedigree, but I doubt it will lead anywhere because the majority of people will not have knowledge of these type of local lines.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so what does this ^^ mean to us as her and a companion dog? There is no way to see if this is show line or working line or????

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok found pictures of this line -- Lauser Von Adeloga

it doesn't give me the direct link to send you there but perhaps you could look at that name?

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
The dog is who she is.

However, I very much doubt you can get any particulars about her lineage as she comes from American pet lines. You cannot label her show or working line because she is several generations away from distinguishable and identifiable bloodlines. She is simply too far removed from characteristic "lines" to be labeled as anything other than "pet lines". Enjoy her for what she is - enjoy her as a companion and have fun with her!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
It looks like pedigree database has very limited information on her pedigree, and there doesn't seem to be any kennel names in there either, making her a pet line GSD. Your best bet would be to talk with your breeder and get information about her ancestors if you would like to learn that way, but as far as finding her lineage whether it be stemmed from working or show will be hard. They do look different, at least American vs. German dogs so you may be able to get some input if you post a pic as to what she *looks* to be. But it would be a guess :)

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so the CH - ( was told that means champion)...that doesn't mean anything either :(

back to where I can see the mothers side has a few champions listed on it...but champions of what would be my question...

CH Winsome's Paddington Bear
CH Ken-Delaine's Taylor Made
CH Lonzel of Nordlicht
CH Zytut's Cavalier

?? not sure how those would play into her lineage

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Madlab her dog is of American show line origins.

Lyssa,

These look to be American Showlines which won titles in conformation shows in the past.

At the end of the day it really doesn't matter if you got her to be a companion and family member.

There are people who actively show and compete in sports and conformation that research pedigrees and breeders very, very intensively. Then they sometimes wait for 2 years(or more) to get a dog that *may* have the ability to compete and win in these venues and these are dogs coming from recent genetics to stack the odds in their favor of being active competition dogs.

Q is correct about your girl, I'm not sure why it makes you sad, if you were not looking to show or compete it doesn't really matter, right?

Being AKC registered only ensures that your dog is a purebred German Shepherd, nothing more.

(in edit - all the CH dogs you listed go back to the late 80s too. that's a ways back)

so the CH - ( was told that means champion)...that doesn't mean anything either :(

back to where I can see the mothers side has a few champions listed on it...but champions of what would be my question...

CH Winsome's Paddington Bear
CH Ken-Delaine's Taylor Made
CH Lonzel of Nordlicht
CH Zytut's Cavalier

?? not sure how those would play into her lineage

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
oh ..I'm not sad :) I love her to pieces...I just was given this bunch of papers by the breeder and just wanted to make sense of all of it.

She's my velcro girl. Now I will probably go ahead and register her and put the papers away :)

except I still haven't settled on a name. The breeder said she would love it if we used Conrad in the name but said we didn't HAVE to.

my first name picked out was Conrads Belladonna Von Coco ( just out of respect for the breeder)

but I am almost thinking of using Velcro in the name somehow....

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
O.K. I was wondering because you put the little sad face in that post.

I watched the video of her with the busy buddy toy, no matter what she's a cutie and you know she looks like a very nice healthy dog to me! :)

Velcro Lady...... ;)

oh ..I'm not sad :) I love her to pieces...I just was given this bunch of papers by the breeder and just wanted to make sense of all of it.

She's my velcro girl. Now I will probably go ahead and register her and put the papers away :)

except I still haven't settled on a name. The breeder said she would love it if we used Conrad in the name but said we didn't HAVE to.

my first name picked out was Conrads Belladonna Von Coco ( just out of respect for the breeder)

but I am almost thinking of using Velcro in the name somehow....

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
oh no..it's just me and "papers"...I think I have to know every detail about ever piece of paper handed to me. :)

omg I could NOT have gotten a more perfect pup if I had asked. She plays when it's play time..chills when it's chilling time...is so sooooooooooooooo smart. Just the perfect companion. Right now she knows it's "coffee time" for mom and is just laying there watching me. ..and keeping an eye on my cat who is laying on the table ( YIKES -- I know..it's wrong on so many levels ..but what can you do) :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts