German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Winter Haven, FL and want my boy to be involved in training and possibly some sort of sport. I have zero idea how to find a place like this. The only thing that I know of is the run of the mill, "you bring your dog, I bring my dog, they bring their dog and let's hope everyone gets along" sort of thing and I refuse to engage him in that. I learned a valuable lesson taking my Elsa to a park on leash where some guy let his huge male Irish Setter attack her. He saw her and came running full steam while the guy hollers "Don't worry. He's harmless". She suffered from dog/fear aggression after that. Anyway, looking for someplace where I can take him where the trainer(s) are skilled with GSDs and where I can learn about proper handling and where he can be properly trained, socialized and possibly get involved with tracking, agility, etc. I will be starting him in basic obedience with the trainer at our vets office in Aug, but am looking for a place where they work more specifically with GSDs.

Thanks for any help! :)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 1 of 1 Posts