German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My puppy was recently diagnosed with giardia and the vet gave me a 5 day treatment of panancur. My dog hates the stuff since I have to give it to him in the syringe, I was wondering do you think he would eat it if I put it on his kibble when he eats? Im just wondering because every time I give it to him, he spits out some of it, and I want him to get the full dosage.

So any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Also the giardia dosent seem to be bothering him, he is still a little underweight I believe well according to the vet, when I got him from the shelter he only weighed 8 pounds at around 7 weeks, he is about to be 12 weeks old and now weighs 17 pounds, so Im very happy about that but you can still feel his back ribs pretty well, so Im thinking this parasite is stealing some of the nutrition of the food.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
I wouldn't put it in his kibble because he may just not eat it which would be a waste anyway. How are you dosing him? If you can get a hold of a needless syringe for children it will really help. Most pharmacies will simply give you one or your vet. Just administer the drug a few drops at a time- not all at once so he can't spit it out:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts