German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, maybe too specific a question I have here and I'm not really sure if this is something anyone can help with but I'm looking to find a breeder with a line of dogs similar to what I got before.

About 11 years ago we purchased two german shepherd puppies in PA from Beverly Melcher. We could not have been happier with the health, temperament, looks, etc of these dogs and would love to get more from the same lines. Googling her I only find some old Orchard Hills pages and a listing for some puppies from 2010.

Is anyone familiar with any of the details I've given above and able to point me to another breeder?

·
Super Moderator
6,981 Posts
Do you have your dogs pedigree? or happen to remember the parents names at all...

Edit-
this dog: GeoBev's Happy-Go-Lucky who Berverly has competed with is American Showlines, if that’s a dog from one of breedings (as the name suggests) then that may help you narrow things down a bit more.

@dogfaeries any info?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I'll see if I can turn up anything investigating using sites like that.
In conjunction with that, the best clue I have right now is the below link, which is a year after we got our two puppies.

Any suggestions on how one would go from this to finding current related breeders?

Says:
Parents: DAM: GEOBEVS ARIZONA SUNSHINE, HT, TD, OA, NA, NAJ, RN
SIRE: AMBER'S MY GUY V. JOELS

·
Registered
31,354 Posts
I see facebook posts referencing her and Orchard Hills from 2019 and Feb 2020. Did you try to contact her thru the info on the website? she's obviously still active.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see facebook posts referencing her and Orchard Hills from 2019 and Feb 2020. Did you try to contact her thru the info on the website? she's obviously still active.
My sister had called her the other day. From that conversation it sounded like she wasnt breeding any more but may know someone who is breeding that line. But she then said to call back in two weeks. Figured it couldnt hurt if I start searching in the meantime myself. I'll go check out facebook now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts