German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Berlin... is a sucker. Literally. At night he likes to lay on the couch and suck on it. Or when we go to bed he sucks on the sheets. And leaves a giant saliva puddle behind. Doesn't seem to be a nerve issue, he's not anxious. Just seems to be what he likes to do at night when he's relaxing. Offering him his bone or kong instead do nothing. He doesn't want to chew, he wants to suck.

We gave him a giant stuffed toy last week that we were going to donate. And he LOVES it. Now he carries that around and sucks on that instead. saving my couch, saving my sheets. Problem is he has also shredded the corner of it and loves spreading stuffing all over my house. So no he carries around this half-empty, stuffed pink unicorn. Leaving lovely trails of stuffing.

Any recommendations on soft toys, like a stuffed animal, or I'm thinking even some kind of fabric maybe similar to a bite pillow, maybe something with no stuffing? That is durable enough. He hasn't exactly shredded the toy, it's still largely intact. He just likes to rip into it and get the stuffing out.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Sherpa-Baby-Dragon-Periwinkle-Guard/dp/B001FNZG96/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1405885332&sr=8-1&keywords=periwinkle+dragon[/ame]

·
Registered
7,138 Posts
What about a French linen tug? Our pup hammers his and it's held up well, much better than I thought it would.

·
Super Moderator
5,385 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
This may sound ridiculous but we have resorted to taking old t-shirts & tying them into big knots for Garrison. He LOVES them and they last quite a while. That guy can shred every toy out there. Even the hard Kong stuff. We worry he'll damage his teeth. The shirts are his favorite. He prances around all proud. And he sucks on them when he finally lays down. Sort of like a pacifier for him.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This may sound ridiculous but we have resorted to taking old t-shirts & tying them into big knots for Garrison. He LOVES them and they last quite a while. That guy can shred every toy out there. Even the hard Kong stuff. We worry he'll damage his teeth. The shirts are his favorite. He prances around all proud. And he sucks on them when he finally lays down. Sort of like a pacifier for him.
This idea sounds amazing! I actually have a stack of old towels I was going to donate - going to tie them together now ; )

Thank you everybody for the advice

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts