German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Penny over the past 3 days or so has shown some odd behavior and Im not sure if its health related or behavior related. And I have an appointment for Friday for her to be seen by the vet but would like some opinions as to whats going on with my girl.

She could be walking or running or sitting or laying down and out of nowhere she bolts then spins really fast in a circle trying to sniff/look at her back end. Its very sudden when it happens and then she will sit right down and look all weird her eyes look funny and she has a concerned look I guess you would call it on her face.

I have checked to make sure she doesnt have fleas or ticks which she doesnt (she is treated every month with revolution) so its not fleas or ticks, I have checked her poop and dont see any worms ( I will be bringing in a stool sample for the vet). She is eating normally, has her normal energy its just this weird behavior that I am concerned about she looks very uncomfortable when she does this and its scaring me to dead.

Any insight as to whats going on with my girl? I will also mention this happens inside and outside, and its really hard to walk her because she will try to bolt and then spin and she wont heel at all which is not normal she heels like a champ!

PLEASE HELP!!! :(

·
Registered
27,270 Posts
She may have impacted anal glands. Or may have a pinched nerve in her neck, back, tail area which gives her some pain in the rear area. If you have a chiro maybe an adjustment is in order(after the vet checks are clear)

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I would say get her anal glands checked. Nikki can't empty hers on her own and this is what she does when hers need to be expressed.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I would say get her anal glands checked. Nikki can't empty hers on her own and this is what she does when hers need to be expressed.
I agree with above poster, could very likely to be anal glands. 13 years with a shih tzu that has the same problem.Vet or groomer can express/clean them in a few minutes. They can also show you how to do it, but i prefer the groomer doing it :sick:

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree with above poster, could very likely to be anal glands. 13 years with a shih tzu that has the same problem.Vet or groomer can express/clean them in a few minutes. They can also show you how to do it, but i prefer the groomer doing it :sick:
Ya I watched a video on how to do it and no thanks, I will let the vet handle that one!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts