German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi this is Ruger,

He had a broken leg when he was rescued and required surgery to fix it properly, he's still in his cast. Ruger is about 5 months old, has lost all of his baby teeth and the adults are growing in.

Last friday he had a checkup on the cast and the tech said he's about 22lbs and roughly (won't sit still long enough to measure) 17inches at the withers.

After reading some info on GSD's size etc it looks like he's going to be pretty small except for his ears.

He has a small bit of white on his muzzle and a really small white streak further up by his eyes.

He also has a long tail with a white tip on the end.
Anyone have any guesses as to what he could be mixed with?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
954 Posts
What a cutie!! He does look like an oversized Corgi!!

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
I agree - when I first looked at the pictures I thought Corgi. A real cutie!

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I am not sure what he is mixed with yet (easier to tell when he is older, atleast for me) but I do know that he is SUPER CUTE!!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Funny because I thought he looked like a Corgi too! That sure would be a strange combo but after looking through a lot of ads on Craigslist it wouldn't surprise me. He's a really nice dog though very happy. Much more outgoing than our rottie shepherd mix quicker to engage and investigate. Even with only three good legs he's quick.

Thanks!

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
What is ACD? Australian Cattle Dog? That could be it as well. I'm tempted to order one of those DNA tests and see what comes back.

Thanks!
Yes, the ears remind me of one and it looks like your puppy would be close to the size of an ACD.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cool pics, I think you may be right, he could certainly have some ACD in him. He was found in southern colorado and there are a lot of working ranches there.

thanks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts