German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Looks like a spring pole to me. You can google or search the forums for home made ideas. They aren't hard to make.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
guys notice that the dog pushing himself against the tree it's almost like human pushups.

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
That doesn't have anything to do with the object. It's a spring pole still.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
I have no suggestions but holy moly that dog is ripped!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I remember seeing this show on Animal Planet once about amazing dogs. It was a Greyhound that had a disease that made it super jacked like it was on steroids lol That's what this dog reminds me of, I wonder if it could be the same thing?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Why do you want to make equipment like this..... what are your goals?

Why do everytime when i ask something that connected to dog's agility/muscle building people ask me what is my goal???
No i don't want to send my dog to a dog fight if that's your question.
Can you just help me with what i asked in the thread? my goals are non of your business.

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
I remember seeing this show on Animal Planet once about amazing dogs. It was a Greyhound that had a disease that made it super jacked like it was on steroids lol That's what this dog reminds me of, I wonder if it could be the same thing?

I think he's just a REALLY well muscled APBT. A lot of dogs at flyball look like this. They do not have diseases, they are just in really good shape, NO excess weight/fat, very fit from lots of running and *tugging*. Granted flyball dogs are not usually this big, you see Whippets, Staffies, and Border Staffies that are ripped like this dog.

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Why do everytime when i ask something that connected to dog's agility/muscle building people ask me what is my goal???
No i don't want to send my dog to a dog fight if that's your question.
Can you just help me with what i asked in the thread? my goals are non of your business.[/B][/I]
We already answered your question. It's a spring pole.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I'm really curious how a GSD would like a spring pole. Let us know how it goes. I would think a GSD would get bored with it very quickly. Usually it's something the bully breeds love.
Me too. I would love to see my Jack put on some more muscle, and wondered about spring poles. But if I'm not interacting with him, I just don't see him going for it.

OP, let us know if it works for your GSD :)

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I'm thinking any dog will enjoy working a spring pole. My lab/boxer loves it. You can attach a bungee to a tug or kong or what ever and tie it too a tree and do it horizontally or vertically. A good way to practice outs and get it's. It's also good exercise for the dog and easy to control, as the dog can't pull you like in tug.

Worth while putting the tug at a decent height so the dogs legs are touching the ground. Then the dog gets this bouncing motion going. It's pretty cool. And is not over stretching the neck and mouth muscles. Over time the dog does get stronger and so may be able to dangle.

If the dog gets bored you just grab the rope and swing it when the dog is attached. I would say a dog gets relaxed after a while on a spring pole but remains gripped to it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts