German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just got our first puppy 1 week ago, now he is 8 weeks old and we have taught him to sit, wait for his food or for a toy, go to his crate, and we are currently teaching him the down command aswell.
All this stuff is mostly things I've learned by watching youtube videos but I was wondering if there is any more regimented, formal, professional online course where I can learn what is the best method to teach him new things, what things should be taught first, if there are things that shouldn't be taught until he reaches a certain age, how much training per day, etc. etc.

Many thanks!

·
Super Moderator
4,682 Posts
the collared scholar
Leerburg has many courses but some are better than others.

That being said, if you can find a good face to face mentor / trainer, it will be heads and shoulders better than figuring things out by watching videos of other people's dogs.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Collared Scholar

Fenzi Dog Sports Academy

Some trainers will also offer video consults/lessons.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Do you know whats the difference between the Dave Kroyer website and his DVDs?
If I get a membership to his web videos, will those include the same information than his DVDs?
DVDs are not included. I’ve never seen his dvds but can tell the website is definitely worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DVDs are not included. I’ve never seen his dvds but can tell the website is definitely worth it

Thanks for the info, he seems to have a lot of videos, not sure which are adequate for a 2-month puppy to start with.

·
Registered
329 Posts
He’s got a whole series for raising a puppy on his website. It’s tons of videos

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
Stonnie Dennis on YouTube has a ton of puppy training videos for free, and he's really good at explaining why he is doing what he's doing, as well as showing how to do it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts