German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mikko is on a very strict anti-inflammatory diet for the next 3-6 months. I have his diet all planned out, but I'm struggling with treats. I dehydrated fish for him and will dehydrate some grass-fed beef heart and liver when I pick up the beef next week.

But, I'd like a basic cookie like treat too. I was thinking like a flax, egg white (can't have yolk), and fish or pumpkin. Or any other ideas? He can't have flour...

How can I make it so that it's like a hard or semi-hard biscuit like treat? Is that possible without flour?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You could use a gluten free flour like rice or coconut. I think Angel has some gluten free cookie recipes on her page
https://www.facebook.com/The.K9.Instinct
and Aimee is doing some gluten free baking lately too (Rocketdog)
Thanks!! Wow, that site is great! I just glanced at it and already found a great recipe!
Grain-Free Blueberry and Banana Dog Cookies - K9 Instinct - Dog Nutritionist and Dog Trainer in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada. K9 Instinct Blog!
He can't have rice flour either, but the vet did mention coconut flour. I will have to look harder for coconut flour so that I can make this recipe!

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
You can try chick pea (besan) flour

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can try chick pea (besan) flour
I'll look into that as well, thanks!

A local market has about a dozen different flours, so they may have the chick pea. I may also ask if they can get the coconut flour.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts