German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been feeding our large kennel (30+) of Malinois and GSD Fromm Adult Gold for several months now with excellent results (they also eat raw).

I recently decided to switch the majority of my personal dogs from Acana to a mixture of Fromm Duck & Sweet Potato and Salmon a La Veg. I have mostly always fed grain free and some of my dogs cannot tolerate grain at all, but many of them can and they weren't doing as splendidly on Acana as I would have liked them too.

Any pros & cons you've noticed with their foods? I have a great appreciation for the fact that they are still a small, family-owned company and their ingredient sourcing is top quality.

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
I feed Fromm, Delgado ate their LBP until he hit one year. Both now rotate through the flavours of their four star grain free line.

Personally, I haven't seen any cons.

Pros, even my super picky eater Jazzy still eats each bowl after over a year of switching. Their coats are great, their energy and health can't be faulted. The kibble is consistent in both smell and appearance each bag, and I like the variety of ingredients they use

Regarding the company itself. I've emailed Fromm with questions and personal answers come within 3 days. Four generation family run, the buy 12 bags get 1 free program is great, and there are several stores nearby which sell the food. No recalls, NO ingredients imported from outside the US, and it's manufactured entirely in the US. Their mailing lists send coupons regularly as well

I have been nothing but pleased with them and will continue to support them as they uphold their high standards

·
Registered
47 Posts
We feed our 3 adults the Fromm Pork and Applesauce and the puppy eats Fromm Puppy Gold. We switched to Fromm about a year ago after feeding EVO for several years. Our dogs did not do well on EVO, or at least they stopped doing well on it, their coats became very dry and brittle, flaky skin, didn't hold weight, lost of ear infections. We have been absolutely thrilled with the improvement since switching to Fromm, they all look great, healthy skin and coat, no more ear infections and all are holding good weight.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I think it's a good-quality kibble. My guys don't seem to like it very much, so I prefer Acana (which they do better on), but that's just a reflection of personal preference and not a knock on the quality of the brand.

I haven't noticed any cons except that Dog Mob doesn't seem to like the taste that much. But I also have one of those weird dogs who refuses to eat raw meat, so ymmv.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I've been feeding the Fromm Gold LBP since Jedda was 9 weeks, now 7.5 months, and even though I don't think she likes the taste that much, I always add in some canned or boiled eggs anyway, so she always eats, still 3x a day! I did notice her coat got noticeably shinier when I started adding sardine oil, though. I tried Origen and another grain-free, just because I've been worried she's too thin, but they were just too rich for her system. (She's not thin because of the food, she's had Giardia issues, and now SIBO :(, but that's another story!)

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I feed my 3 Fromm grain free, my 3 have different digestive issues, and one having EPI, all have done very well on Fromm,

·
Registered
5,868 Posts
I also feed the Fromm 4-Star. Mine all tolerate the kind of grain in the 4-Star line fine, and they're doing great (very thick coats). We rotate through the flavors. Also, be sure to ask your dealer for Fromm's frequent-buyer envelope to save UPC labels -- you get one bag free for ever 12 you buy.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I feed Stella the 4 star fromms....switch flavors every now and again when she seems to get bored. No complaints.

Need to look into the free bag after 12. Wasn't aware of that deal!

·
Registered
259 Posts
I feed my 1 1/2 year old mix -Ziggy - Fromm Chicken A La Veg and Salmon A La Veg - he really likes the Salmon and the stool is great. Tried Duck and Potato but it appears both Allie and Ziggy do not do well on Duck. Allie is recovering from a 6 week loose stool - never found out what the cause was after 800 plus of tests, etc. however I added the Salmon A la Veg to her awful prescription diet and she loved it and seems to keep a firmer stool.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts