German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I have been feeding Apollo and Zeus Orijen large puppy breed formula, but it's getting a bit pricey so I want to make a change. Any experience with Pinnacle or some of the other foods made by Breeder's Choice? I'm also thinking Apollo has skin allergies because he's itching a lot so keep that in consideration as well.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
do you have any idea what he might be allergic too? have you done any elimination diets?

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I just noticed that he had been itching lately, and that Pinnacle has an allergy formula. I guess that this food would be a test to see if it was allergies or not. I haven't seen any fleas on him so I don't know if they're food allergies or skin allergies.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
I use the Breeders Choice, Avoderm, Chicken and my kids are doing wonderful on it. Got my mom to switch over to it with her maltese, and they are thriving on it too. I highly recommend the Avoderm.

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
Is it possible it is not the food and could be a skin irritation? Rocky has issues with staph infections when we first got him and it took a while to get rid of.

Rocky also has food allergies. He is currently on Natures Recipe Lamb and Brown Rice formula. The price isnt too bad and we have not had the scratching problem for a while now, so hopefully this food with work for both of them once Apollos is aliitle bigger.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts