German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The post about Best Bully Sticks free shipping reminded me that I had been thinking about placing an order, so I was browsing their product list. India goes through 12" bully sticks so fast--I could buy the 18" sticks (better PPI--price per inch!) but I have looked at Antlerz in the past, thinking that they might be a better option.

Do they really last as long as they say? They have a new monster size that's supposed to last for months (for a monster price!) but if they really last that long, they might be worth it.

Anybody have experience with Antlerz?

~Kristin

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
I was visiting a veterinarian in Middletown (who also has a Laekenois) and she was showing me the Elk Antlers that she bought for her dogs. She said they do last. She showed my where they were knawing and barely made a dent.

She gave me some bully sticks to try out, but I just couldn't stand the stink and longer! I wrapped the remains in foil to save for another day.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Antlerz do last, but they don't always chew it. I have a few around the house but when I whip out the bully sticks, it's game on!!!

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I ask "Who wants chewies?", Yoda runs to the bookshelf where the bully sticks are stored. All of my dogs like bully sticks, but while they last a LONG time for the terriers, India can go through a 12" extra thick in 15-20 minutes.

I was thinking that Antlerz could be our everyday chewies and I could save the bully sticks for special occasions.

~Kristin

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have never tried the Antlerz brand but I would assume they are real antlers, if that is the case and they are the right size they will last forever! I go out in the spring time and look for the sheds from winter and needless to say that is out dogs favortie chew toy while alone in her crate. They like them and the antlers are bullet proof. If you want to go that route send me a pm and if you would be willing to pay for the shipping I would send you some out for free.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I just got elk antlers from Elk Usa for my two and they're nuts about them. They have plenty of options for any dog, from tiny pieces to huge chunks (I ordered the Large, the Extra Large would be impossible), and from fresh frozen growing/velvet antlers, to freeze dried velvet slices, to the regular mature antlers.

Apparently it's best to start a dog off with the velvet antler chips if you don't know whether they'll like the hard antlers.

I posted pics here:

http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1345294&page=2#Post1345294

1 - 6 of 6 Posts