German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
That is our unfortunate experience. Quinn got an antler for his birthday last year and was having a fine time chewing it. Not too long afterwards as I was doing a routine toothbrushing, I observed that he had chipped the tips off his upper carnassials, both sides. The chips aren't deep enough to cause a problem but no more antlers for him.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Oh gosh! No more antlers for my boy, either! Yikes! I'm even worried about giving him raw, frozen beef knuckle bones now. I think I'll do a more thorough teeth check tonight after seeing this!

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Apache 10-1/2 & Kiya 9 both have worn teeth from years of chewing. I look at Lakota's perfect pearly whites and only hope they stay that way. Poor girl has grown up without tennis balls, only a few marrow bones but a much wiser me.

·
Registered
387 Posts
My vet had concerns about broken teeth with Antlers. I am especially skeptical with a 14 year old in the house her teeth can only be so strong. I think I am going to put them away.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Check bestbullysticks.com. Rudy loved the rolled cow cheeks, beef trachea, and knotted bully sticks. Unfortunately, he can't have them anymore.:cry:

I did find a "kong senior" in the store yesterday. Softer than the regular kongs.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I was giving her bully sticks, but they stink, so aren't so great indoors.

Everything else she eats so fast! :(

ETA: I was also worried about where they were made, and if they were preserved with anything, like those awful treats from China that made all those dogs sick

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Bestbullysticks.com are not from china, and they have an odorless version. No antibiotics etc. They are the only brand I would give.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts