German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello. I'm Pamela, proud owner of Heidi. She is 10 weeks old today. Here is a pic of her taken today:

Her ears started off floppy, then stood nice and straight and now the one is leaning. Just part of growing?

She's a super smart dog. We've taught her that humans go first, sit, down (but I have to actually touch the floor to do it which I don't like), stand, and crawl (though she'll only do it inside, not out for some silly reason). She comes when called except if she gets out the front or garage door.

I desperately want her boundary trained as our other dog (a lhasa) is so she doesn't leave the yard without us/permission.

She starts puppy classes on Saturday. We have contacted the local service dog people (but it won't be through their program; distinct difference) to help us with her training after basics are done. We'd like her to have some therapy dog abilities for our foster and adoptive children (attachment disorders, PTSD, other anxiety issues, etc).

Mostly, I'm hoping she'll be a good companion dog. I take her various places with me whether to the gym or gymnastics or park or wherever. I want her to be used to a lot of people and situations.

Of course, right now, we're dealing with some behaviors such as biting (she will reach around a toy to chew on my hand, for example). She also totally gets "hurry up" and potty outside; but she doesn't get not to dribble wherever she wants inside (OFTEN).

Really, she's a great dog. I can so see her being a superstar (to me, at least) one day. Just gotta keep working with her :)

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
She is precious! Welcome from Southeast Texas :)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Welcome from Houston! She is gorgeous! :wub:

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Welcome from East Texas! Such a cute floofy puppy! Look at that floofy chest! ;) She's just a little baby so expect training to have its ups and downs as she matures.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Pretty puppy and welcome from Northeast Texas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts