German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

K so that was just one side. And I did this last week. here is my question.

So I know that the undercoat insulates and protects from from the heat and cold. And I know that regular grooming takes all the dead hair away. So how do I know that I only took what needed to come out? I don't want to over do it and take away what she needs

·
Registered
11,280 Posts
the cabbits have gone to MO

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am rolling. LOL. O and I can't believe how much gray is in her hind end. Goodness she looks like a different dog

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
wow, looks like here when Im done and it never stops. I am amazed Neek has hair left!!! but his coat is STILL thick!!
If you are just brushing it out, Im sure it wont hurt your dog.
It would fall out eventually, dont you think?

·
Registered
915 Posts
I dont know the actual answer to your question but I get the same thing. I take all that fur and throw it over the fence into the woods for the birds to use. I have seen them take it for nesting material...I'm sure your dog will be fine. I think if it wasnt supposed to come out it wouldnt.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I have heard a lot of people say that when they raw feed their dogs they don't shed nearly as much. Lulu is still a pup and short haired so she doesn't really shed at all yet, even when I brush her. So I am no help here
Boy, that is a LOT of fur!

·
Registered
143 Posts
My raw fed dogs still shed like that.

I think undercoat self replicates very quickly. You brush one hair our and 5 grow in! As long as you're using something like an undercoat rake, it should be fine. You're just getting dead hairs that were going to be all over your house soon anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts