German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Police Search for Boulder Creek Dog Breeder Accused of Animal Cruelty

POSTED: 9:07 am PDT July 30, 2008

BOULDER CREEK, CA -- A Boulder Creek dog breeder accused in a horrible case of animal cruelty is still at large and now appears to be taunting animal control officers.

Wednesday's San Jose Mercury News reports investigators found another dog skull and two decomposing dog paws that were sitting on the same table in the home where they found several other dog skulls Saturday. They also caught two more dogs and hope to round up eight more that are still on the property.

Since Saturday about 28 dogs and puppies have been removed from the property; they were emaciated, scarred from fighting and fearful of people. Authorities also found a dog's head hanging from a tree and a dog's carcass on the roof.

Authorities are looking for 45-year-old Robert Brunette in connection with the neglect and abuse of dozens of dogs on his property. He ran out the back of his house when investigators showed up Saturday with a search warrant after neighbors complained of hearing dog's crying in pain.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
There's no words,
Shoot him on site!

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
That's just horrible.

I wonder if they would have arrested him if all his dogs were in good condition but he had dog skulls on his property? I know some people have / keep skulls for anatomical research and such. My riding teacher has about 10 horse and pony skulls in her barn attic for that purpose. (Yes, it's a little odd, but she definitely does not abuse any of her animals.)

·
Registered
228 Posts
IMO...people like this need to be locked up for LONG TIME! An I'm tired of people getting a free pass cause it's an animal. I've locally seen some brutal reports happen to dogs/cats and they usually just get a 90 day jail sentence or probation.

When a pet(especially a dog) looks towards you there is no lying. I know this from my pup. He seems to know whether I've had a good or bad day. Good day...time to play. Bad day...he'll sit on chew on his toy and look square at me...knowing somethings wrong. He won't push me to play, he doesn't whine. He just stares right at me. But I do come around and we get to how it is on a good day. Playing, command training, treats for good deeds. He emulates you and what he becomes is a direct result of how you are and the experiences you two share together.

Sorry for the rant.

·
Banned
1,829 Posts
This is horrible
Next it will be humans. I hope they find this sicko and lock him or her for life.

·
Registered
66 Posts
This is so unbelievably sick it's hard to comment on. I hope the evil peice of crap meets a horrifying fate of his own and soon! I know I wouldnt' have a problem taking him out. It would actually be a pleasure to rid the earth of such scum. And that's putting it politely!

·
Registered
66 Posts
WHY should this waste of oxygen be locked up so we can pay for his 3 meals a day and room and board???? I disagree, he should get the death penalty.

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
I wonder if this guy had anything to do with the little dog that was just taken from a beach here and stabbed to death??? I'll see if I can find a link.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Quote: This is so unbelievably sick it's hard to comment on. I hope the evil peice of crap meets a horrifying fate of his own and soon!
Agreed.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Update:

http://www.examiner.com/printa-1514979~Breeder_accused_of_neglecting_dogs_is_arrested.html

Breeder accused of neglecting dogs is arrested
The Associated Press
2008-07-31 18:35:29.0

LOS GATOS, Calif. -
A Santa Cruz-area dog breeder wanted for allegedly neglecting dozens of canines on his property is now in police custody.

Forty-five-year-old Robert Brunette was arrested Thursday in Los Gatos after an anonymous tip led police to him.

Police say Brunette faces at least 10 misdemeanor counts of animal cruelty and neglect and possibly some felonies.

Animal control officers have seized 40 emaciated and diseased dogs from Brunette's rural Boulder Creek property since Saturday. He eluded authorities that day, but left five dog skulls on a table in his home, then left another dog skull and two decomposing dog paws on the same table several days later.

Authorities say Brunette bred and sold Italian mastiffs, and he also had Rottweilers and Labradors.

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

·
Registered
11,280 Posts
glad they got the piece of crap
hopefully they put him away
absolutely horrible

·
Registered
652 Posts
Originally Posted By: IlovealldogsWhat a sicko! There is no punishment harsh enough for him.
I agree, the sad thing is their are so many sadistic nuts like him out there it scares me to just think about it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts