German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those who remember the incident of Newlie and the flirt pole will take pleasure in a new story.

I am having some work done on my house and the two guys that are here have been to my house before and know Newlie. He follows them around "supervising" (he loves men) and anytime I offer to bring him in or turn him out so they can have a moment's peace, they are like "Oh, he's not bothering us." They periodically throw him a ball, pet him, talk to him, etc and he eats it up. Steve is the one who really enjoys Newlie the most.

Well, they had taken several of my (new) downspouts off in back to do some work and they were just laying on the ground unmolested. I had stepped in the house and all the sudden heard Steve yelling, so I ran back out. Steve had picked up a downspout to put it back up and evidently Newlie thought it was some kind of big white stick and grabbed it.

So, when I got outside, I saw Steve and Newlie "playing" tug of war with my downspout! I ran over to help, but it did no good, a grown man and I together could NOT get that downspout away from him. (It's funny because with an actual tug toy, he is like a wimp, I can pull it away from him by myself.) Whenever he got it away from us, he would run around the yard doing victory laps with the downspout hanging out of his mouth and running into everything with it. I tried treats (bribes) and although Newlie was interested, it was not enough to make him drop his new toy.

By this point, the downspout was a dead loss, flattened, crushed, bent and with bite marks all over it. We finally used the sense God gave us and walked away. Steve ended up with a little place on his thumb where one of Newlie's teeth got him and I had a finger that was rapidly swelling to gigantic proportions, so we went in the house for some antibiotic cream, a band-aid and ice. Of course, as soon as Newlie saw we weren't playing anymore, he dropped the downspout and came running to the door to come in. Needless to say, he was not allowed back out until all the big "sticks" were hung back up again.

What will he think of next?

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
The only thing that would have made your story better would have been if you had a video of it, lol. I bet he was so proud of himself!!

Susan

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
They sure can improvise. This morning I told Apollk to get a ball, he couldn't find one so he brought me one of the gallon jugs filled with water used to hold the cover on the pool. I could do nothing but laugh at him.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, he was! It's funny, once they were hanging back up again, he had no interest in them.

·
Super Moderator
6,281 Posts
Haha!The mental image of you guys running around the yard!Samson loves giant sticks too!Like logs six inches wide and six feet long!No normal sized sticks for these guys:)

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
That is priceless. Newlie sounds like he is a true hardworking foreman so he needed a break from all that hard work. Still laughing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts