German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Zappa started having pudding poo again 2 days ago. I did the normal routine of 24 hour food restriction. Well, he did not improve. He started getting the bloody water poo. He is now at the vet hospitalized getting IV fluids, steroid injections, and IV antibiotics.
The last time this happened, we were traveling from Texas to Washington. We had to stop in Cheyenne, WY. That was in May.
Zappa will be turning 10 in December. I am not sure how many more bouts of this he will be able to take.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I am so sorry to hear about Zappa :( Do they know what causes this?

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Oh no, I'm so sorry. Could it be a parasite or tick disease? Poor baby, you must be so worried about him. Hopefully he'll spend the weekend mending

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He has chronic SIBO and probable IBD. He has been going through this for 8 years.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Zappa is now home from the hospital. I will post his lab results later. He ended up needing 3 liters of fluid. Last time, only 1 liter was needed. This bout came on so fast. It normally will take several days for him to get as sick as he was. This time, it took about a day and a half.
The vet and I also did an end of life plan for Zappa. Hopefully, I will have a few more good years. Unfortunately, I don't know that for sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts