German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mating test - German shepherd dog

What would you generally think to expect from a pup from a breeding like this in regards to drives/temperament given some of the lines in these dogs?

These would be Czech, West (?) German and.. American? Seems like kind of an odd pedigree to me but it's always interesting to get an explanation as to why.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Well the pair already has nine pups on the ground, and the first daughter, was bred to her father. Only one pup listed from that breeding. I am not impressed.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One word, why?
No rhyme or reason it seems, plus the blank spots always worry me.
That's what I was wondering. Normally I look through pedigrees for fun and try to learn why people pair what they do but this one just.. looking at it I had no idea what to make of what I was seeing. :confused: It looks like further back there's some nice dogs, though.

·
Premium Member
11,295 Posts
sigh.....I can't think of a PC way to comment!!!! the pedigree is just a random collection of whatever is convenient is about the nicest way I can put it....I can not see anything that indicates the male was bred to one of his own daughters - but did not look further than the progeny listing....

The GSD is the 2nd highest registration breed at last report - only a very very very very small percentage of those litters registered are produced by breeders with true "programs" - people using something other than convenience or color or size as criteria in their choices.....the three groups of breeders choosing Euro show/Euro Working or AKC Show style dogs are far far far out numbered by the casual back yard breeders, the commercial producers, the small business oriented mix 'em all up and offer the "best of all worlds" type breeders.....AKC papers are not an indication of any level of quality - but most companion puppy seekers have no clue about quality and only want an inexpensive "pure breed police dog"!!!! This litter fits that bill !

Lee

·
Registered
733 Posts
Here's the pedigree of the male bred back to the daughter. Awesome linebreeding :/
Um, the only inbreeding is (1-2) on Nero Vom Hausenstolz. Check the dam's (Nero's daughter's) ped and even pedigreedatabase gets it right: no common ancestors in 5 generations between Nero & Kotodama. One has to ask why?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Found this online... But see at least two litters out there (A & C).

What would anyone do with a pregnant service dog? Everybody I know who puts service dogs on the street makes sure they are spayed or neutered.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts