German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When she eats a bowl of food, about 99.9% of the time, she'll leave just one kibble. ODC type thing or maybe she thinks she's saving it for later? haha

·
Registered
64 Posts
Mine eats half then leaves to take a nap, returns again. The other one eats everything and eyes up his bowl lol

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
My golden will eat everything in his bowl and leave 5 or 6 kibbles. The doxie will then finish it for him. Everytime. Strange...

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
my female will lay next to her bowl and sleep and growl at my male if he comes near... she knows jäger will capitalize on any left over food. He will lay nearby staring at her, waiting for that chance (he's remarkably good with dog to dog social skills... he knows its not his, and if she growls he won't boss her out of it). This will continue for hours, until either she finishes it, or he does.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My parents have a golden and my dad likes to test him at dinner time by putting just one piece of kibble in the bowl, the dog looks at him like "are you kidding me?" and wont even attempt to eat it.Then my dad puts about 10 kibbles in and the dog looks at the bowl and then at him as if to say "nup still not enough". Only when my dad puts the full amount in will he start eating. hehe

He always leaves about 10 kibbles in the bowl uneaten as well as if to prove his point. :p

·
Registered
266 Posts
My parents have a golden and my dad likes to test him at dinner time by putting just one piece of kibble in the bowl, the dog looks at him like "are you kidding me?" and wont even attempt to eat it.Then my dad puts about 10 kibbles in and the dog looks at the bowl and then at him as if to say "nup still not enough". Only when my dad puts the full amount in will he start eating. hehe

He always leaves about 10 kibbles in the bowl uneaten as well as if to prove his point. :p
That is really funny.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine eats half then leaves to take a nap, returns again. The other one eats everything and eyes up his bowl lol
haha she/he takes a break.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My golden will eat everything in his bowl and leave 5 or 6 kibbles. The doxie will then finish it for him. Everytime. Strange...

Haha I don't know why they would. Maybe they don't even mean to.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my female will lay next to her bowl and sleep and growl at my male if he comes near... she knows jäger will capitalize on any left over food. He will lay nearby staring at her, waiting for that chance (he's remarkably good with dog to dog social skills... he knows its not his, and if she growls he won't boss her out of it). This will continue for hours, until either she finishes it, or he does.

Haha wow, you have a smart dog there. Does he not have his own bowl, you just wait for one to finish and then feed the other? Or does he just do that when he wants more food?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Haha wow that sounds like a funny dog.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts