German Shepherds Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Whites CAN be registered by the AKC they just cannot be shown as the white color is a disqualification in the breed standard.
K you loose me at shown I have never had to deal with this issue before and what I just found out is making me sick to my stomach with potential health problems with white ones and their temperament not being a dominant they are more skittish

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Banned
1,255 Posts
Show means you cannot compete in dog shows. You will still have a registered GSD through the AKC though. If you wanted to enter him into competitions for show, it would be an automatic DQ for color.

It depends on who and how they were bred temperament/nerve wise. But yes, generally any breeder breeding specifically for color often overlook things like temperaments, prey drive, possession, nerves, and health. Some, not all. If they are AKC registered parents, you can look them up on the AKC data base and see what lines were used/bred to get the breeding pair, and if they have had previous litters papered, you can see their family tree as well, do research on the previous litters.

Or post their info here and someone may help you understand what you are looking at.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Show means you cannot compete in dog shows. You will still have a registered GSD through the AKC though. If you wanted to enter him into competitions for show, it would be an automatic DQ for color.

It depends on who and how they were bred temperament/nerve wise. But yes, generally any breeder breeding specifically for color often overlook things like temperaments, prey drive, possession, nerves, and health. Some, not all. If they are AKC registered parents, you can look them up on the AKC data base and see what lines were used/bred to get the breeding pair, and if they have had previous litters papered, you can see their family tree as well, do research on the previous litters.

Or post their info here and someone may help you understand what you are looking at.
Ok because I have never done this how do I the mother and father up on the akc what information do I need

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm looking for information on the mother and father with akc if there is a way to find out more about the blood line and health ect
This is there website
Joettaswhitegermanshepherds.com

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm looking for information on the mother and father with akc if there is a way to find out more about the blood line and health ect
This is there website
Joettaswhitegermanshepherds.com

Where do I find the information on akc website

·
Banned
1,255 Posts
Based on the website alone, it would be a hard pass for me.

They don’t list the parents full names, so without that, or their AKC number, you won’t have much luck finding the info. Unless someone here experienced can give more information on how to navigate through the AKC site. I’m as layman as they come when it comes to lines, breeding, etc. We have some knowledgeable members here that could provide way more info than I could, hopefully someone will pop in and lend a hand.

·
Registered
56 Posts

They don’t list the parents full names, so without that, or their AKC number, you won’t have much luck finding the info. Unless someone here experienced can give more information on how to navigate through the AKC site. I’m as layman as they come when it comes to lines, breeding, etc. We have some knowledgeable members here that could provide way more info than I could, hopefully someone will pop in and lend a hand.
I have everything I need he is legit pure bread gsd

·
Registered
56 Posts

DNA and everything

·
Registered
105 Posts
DNA and everything

Okay...well not to be offensive, but what are you asking then? If you’re going to get the dog, then go for it?

I’d pass also. But I love my black dogs just to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
Okay...well not to be offensive, but what are you asking then? If you’re going to get the dog, then go for it?

I’d pass also. But I love my black dogs just to be honest.

I didn't have that information when I asked and the breeder was not answering

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
The website is extremely vague and only consists of one page. None of the parents info or health clearances listed anywhere. On her website she states, 'They are raised for family pets." That alone should be a red flag. The GSD was never meant to be a 'family pet', they are a working breed.

Where do I find the information on akc website

·
Registered
587 Posts
@mike98, if the parents are AKC registered, the breeder should deliver your dog with a full AKC pedigree chart. It will look like a family tree and have names and numbers. Another resource is workingdogs.com, but you will need names or numbers.

·
Registered
720 Posts
When you breed 2 white GSD then you are breeding for color, not for temperament or health. Most if not all buy because they are white. I am not dissing the white and to each their own. I can’t remember if I ever saw a white in a trial. The ones I have seen are skittish, nervy. A lot are dumped at shelters and currently in rescues.
I have to ask the people who have bought the white GSD, why???? I would guess only for color.
The whites are beautiful but I want the whole package.

·
Registered
56 Posts
@mike98, if the parents are AKC registered, the breeder should deliver your dog with a full AKC pedigree chart. It will look like a family tree and have names and numbers. Another resource is workingdogs.com, but you will need names or numbers.
I received a copy late last night

·
Registered
105 Posts
I agree with everyone’s statements, but overall if you’re happy with the white. And the dam and sire temperament etc, then get the dog if you want it. Its your dog. You have to be happy with her

·
Registered
587 Posts
I received a copy late last night

Nice, look them all up, https://www.working-dog.com/ is an excellent resource. They have a good app for your phone too. Do you have one of these for the Sire? The breeder should have given you an AKC "Litter Certificate" written across the top identifying the Sire and Dam. Maybe he didn't because the Sire is not registered or registerable?

21 - 40 of 55 Posts