German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just stumbled across this forum recently so I thought I'd sign up! We just celebrated our first year with our rescue white GSD and are looking into bringing another one into the family next year. Our guy was in pretty bad shape when we first got him and like some of you, we were wondering if we had made the right decision during our first week with him.

A year later I can't believe we even thought that! He's a totally different dog and you'd never know that his first week he wouldn't even let us really touch him and that he didn't even wag his tail for the first month. The way we describe it is he basically had to learn to be a dog all over again. Our older Golden/Lab mix I think help showed him the way and helped him learn how fun it is to fetch after tennis balls haha.

Anyways, here is our before and after pic (he was about 10-15 pounds under weight when we got him). I look forward to browsing the forum and learning new things.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Welcome! He's such a pretty dog, thanks for giving him a loving home. What's his name? We used to live in Nederland, I really miss it there

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome! He's such a pretty dog, thanks for giving him a loving home. What's his name? We used to live in Nederland, I really miss it there
Thanks! It's crazy how many compliments he gets when we're out and about, it's amazing to me that he spent 2+ months in the shelter. When we got him they had named him "Ruscle" and were pronouncing the "c" so it sounded like "rus-kul", we didn't like that but to keep it close to what he already knew we just called him Russell.

He just turned 3 (we think) and knows all of his basic commands but we are looking into working with a trainer and building up what he can do. He really wants to work and now that he's finally himself we really want to help build his confidence up and help him be the GSD he was meant to be :)

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Welcome! I'm live in Colorado too :welcome:

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
i'm originally from C. Springs!!! Welcome to the forum. Thank you for adopting! he's a beautiful dog!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Welcome to the forum and wow, what a handsome dog! How lucky he is to have been rescued from the shelter. I guess you both lucked out!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Welcome from another Coloradoian. Beautiful GSD you have there!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just stumbled across this forum recently so I thought I'd sign up! We just celebrated our first year with our rescue white GSD and are looking into bringing another one into the family next year. Our guy was in pretty bad shape when we first got him and like some of you, we were wondering if we had made the right decision during our first week with him.

A year later I can't believe we even thought that! He's a totally different dog and you'd never know that his first week he wouldn't even let us really touch him and that he didn't even wag his tail for the first month. The way we describe it is he basically had to learn to be a dog all over again. Our older Golden/Lab mix I think help showed him the way and helped him learn how fun it is to fetch after tennis balls haha.

Anyways, here is our before and after pic (he was about 10-15 pounds under weight when we got him). I look forward to browsing the forum and learning new things.
I also think so.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts