German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So TOTW didnt work for Zoey.:( I w as really hoping everything would work out with this food, but I noticed sunday evening that Zoey was starting to chew and lick at her legs and abdomen. By Monday late morning she was chewing and scratching constantly. This morning the red spots have appeared.:-:)-( Just got back from Horse & Hound. Got her a bag of Infinia I'm washing her food container and dish then im going to give Zoey a bath with her shampoo. I'm really, really hoping she won't have to go to the vet and be put on antibiotics! I'm not sure but I am hoping it is not an infection yet.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Look at Flint River Ranch Trout and Potato. Also look at Viand. Might want to consider a vitamin/mineral supplement .

·
Registered
414 Posts
I'm not sure what TOTW you used - was it the fish one?
Anyway, look for an limited ingredient diet - Natural Balance, Source Turkey and peas (sold only at Tractor), or any simpler food with a limited ingredient list. That might help you narrow the allergy culprit quicker. Many of the grain free foods are great, but have more complicated formulas. One of our dogs is allergic to salmon oil. I didn't even consider that at first, so when she started itching I bought a salmon based food which made it worse, of course.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thankyou both for your advice. But let me explain. For about five months prior to this last week Zoey has been on Infinia salmon & sweet potato. ALL of her skin problems went away! This food is only sold at Horse & Hound. When I went to get her another bag they were out of it til their next delivery. So I had to get her something else. TOTW ( the fish one ) seemed to be closest to the ingredients of Infinia. ( Apparently not close enough! ) Zoey is now back on her old food.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
624 Posts
My dog loves Diamond Naturals' Beef and Rice formula. Its a plus it doesn't have wheat, corn or soy. She always devours a full bowl before daybreak. :)

·
Registered
860 Posts
So you were completely out of your old food and just gave her the totw. That could have been what messed with her. I feed totw with my boy the roasted fowl. I can not feed any fish flavored food as my dog has allergies to it no matter the brand. Maybe it was the flavor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts