German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

We switched our Sydney over to BARF yesterday. Stocked up on beef heart, pork neck bone, and beef liver for the first couple of weeks. We decided to switch her because she is scratching all the time, and has been for the past 6-8 months (she's just over a year old). The vet can't figure out what's going on... she has major food allergies, skin scrape test, and her thyroid checked. She's on some type of non-steroid spray and a special shampoo that has a toxic ingredient in it (4% or so).

This is pretty much our last resort.... she scratches so bad that she is missing huge patches of fur. Anyways... she absolutely destroyed the beef heart and liver yesterday, but wasn't too happy about the pork neck bone. Today, is a whole different story though, she is going to town on the pork neck bone :)

I'm going to pseudo use this as my BARF diary, blog, so feel free to follow along! Thanks for reading!:laugh:

·
Registered
14,034 Posts
Congrats on the switch and welcome to the board & this forum!

I would stick with just proteins courses for now - no supplements - until you have her back in good condition. Then you can add supplements (if you want) - one at a time so you can watch for reactions.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats on the switch and welcome to the board & this forum!

I would stick with just proteins courses for now - no supplements - until you have her back in good condition. Then you can add supplements (if you want) - one at a time so you can watch for reactions.
Ahh, good to know. We will do that. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts
You may want to try an easier protein to digest than pork neck and I would avoid the liver in the beginning.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts