German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Rollo and I had a heck of a field trip day again yesterday! We went to LifeTime Fitness where Rollo got to walk around upstairs around all the weights being dropped and clanged around (great socialization), then we went to Scheels where he climbed on everything in sight. And again, we capped it off with a trip to Chipotle! What a fun day!
(Also included is some “place” training)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
Great job with the socialization!

That picture on the bottom right? same dog same day? Seems like a puppy!?

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I’m sorry if I have missed this, but is Rollo being trained as a service dog? I ask because usually pets are not allowed inside actual restaurants.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great job with the socialization!

That picture on the bottom right? same dog same day? Seems like a puppy!?
Haha yea I did not mean to post that puppy picture of Rollo !

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m sorry if I have missed this, but is Rollo being trained as a service dog? I ask because usually pets are not allowed inside actual restaurants.
Yes Rollo is training as a service dog!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Yes Rollo is training as a service dog!
I sincerely hope that is true, considering where you are taking him. I thought I remembered reading on another one of your field trip threads that you ask forgiveness instead of permission, and if someone asked you to leave you would. To me, that doesn’t scream “this is a service dog who is being tasked trained and is in training for public access”. Rollo seems like a wonderfully behaved dog, and you are quite clearly very dedicated to him. But food for thought for anyone who reads this that takes their pet dog where pet dogs are not allowed... you are making things more difficult for people who have actual service dogs. I know it may seem harmless in the moment, especially if your dog is well trained and behaves well in public. But the rules are there for a reason.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rollo has a trainer for his SD training that’s not me

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you have any other concerns feel free to DM me

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Usually dogs that are in training to be a service dog wear a vest or harness stating that... well thats the rules here any way.
Here is another picture of Rollo at CVS! Lol ?

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts