German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night Milla was in. But I bring Hepsi and Cujo in after Milla, and leave their kennel open all night. So I let those two out early and brought them back in, I let Milla out and went back to bed.

So she had both kennels to run in.

Hepsi and Cujo must not have eaten at all yesterday. Milla was undeterred. She ate everything, and I didn't know it. I put the two of them out and left Milla in her area, and went back in and let the baby out for a while, and made brunch, and set the time so I would have enough time to take care of everyone.

I got out at 12:15, a little later than usual, and step one is to put Milla in a crate in the room. Her belly was sticking way out. She looked like she was 9 weeks pregnant with a litter of 10. My God is she bloating???

I ran back in and changed my boots into shoes, threw my coat on, grabbed the leash, found my glasses and rushed her to the vet.

She was acting just fine and full of herself. I did look at her gums, and they looked ok.

I dropped her off at my vet explaining what happened and went back home to pass out food and water to the rest of them. I got dressed and drove back to the vet and called my mom on the way. Dad might have to bring her home. Anyway, I like to leave for work at 1:45 to get here by 3. It was 1:45 when I walked into the vets.

Milla is ok. Just full. Very full. They did an x-ray and sent it off to the radiologist to ensure she wasn't twisting anything. She wasn't. So, back home, and I grabbed the mail. My debit card was lost and I was hoping the replacement came, it did so I put Milla in her area, and activated the card, and tied the door shut again and rushed out to the car, leaving about 5 after 2.

Somehow, every light and the road conditions were all in my favor today, and I made it, grabbed my computer, put on my steel toes, rushed down the flight of stairs in the parking lot and across the road and through the doors, scanning my badge in all the right places with 5 minutes to spare and got to the 3pm meeting that often starts a minute or two early, by 2.57.

Milla will skip any more food today, and probably tomorrow too. We'll see. She is set up to be groomed tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
5,872 Posts
Ha!You need another vet bill like a hole in the head!Glad she's ok.I've got one that will eat until he throws up and go back for more:(

·
Registered
31,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, and my vet told me today she doesn't do the bloat surgeries, and I was like, uhm, uh, well let's hope she doesn't need one. I called my mom saying that if she is bloating my dad might need to take her for me to another vet.

Later my vet said she has put stomach tubes down to release gas on some dogs. But Milla had no gas in there just food. Lots of food. I asked her if I should leave her there and have Dad take her home later, but she said, it was up to me, she would be fine either way. So I rushed her home. She was doing her little happy dance to get into her kennel.

·
Registered
31,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any day that I can get to work, and on time, is a good day, LOL! Yeah, I don't know what having a boring life would be like, and I don't know what winning the PCH sweepstakes would be like. I might like to try it though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts