German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this on CL just now. I guess this guy doesn't know what a job is:rolleyes:.

German Shepherd up for stud. (Chesapeake)

Date: 2012-06-04, 2:12AM EDT
Reply to:

I have a larger than average, beautiful shepherd I would like to breed for a bit of money. He is purebred, but he is not papered. He is primarily black with tanning in some areas. He is a long haired shepherd. His statistics are:

28" x 31"
98 lbs.
1 year and 3 months.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Well, people hock stolen property on Craigslist, so why not try and make a buck on breeding your pet dog that has done nothing?

Ugh...people are too much.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Ugh. I just found this beauty:

"Hi i'm xxxxxx i just move to Texas i wanted a FREE german shepherd Dog for my Kids Please call at xxx xxx xxxx Thanks You "

and someone advertising the puppies that they had bred from a 110lb female and a 130lb male,

three breeders that couldn't spell "puppies", and another that couldn't spell "shepherd".

...I am horrified.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
We have had a sudden rash of "pet wanted" posts on our local CL. They often come with a sob story about a sick child, a elderly person with cancer, death of a beloved family pet, etc. and they always specify they want the animal free or cheap so they can pay their medical bills or whatever. I get the feeling it is one or two people trying to collect dogs for free or as cheap as possible so they can re-sell them at a profit. :mad: We also have a bunch of fake "rescues" who are actually flippers.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
We have had a sudden rash of "pet wanted" posts on our local CL. They often come with a sob story about a sick child, a elderly person with cancer, death of a beloved family pet, etc. and they always specify they want the animal free or cheap so they can pay their medical bills or whatever. I get the feeling it is one or two people trying to collect dogs for free or as cheap as possible so they can re-sell them at a profit. :mad: We also have a bunch of fake "rescues" who are actually flippers.
That and people using them for "bait" dogs.

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
That's sick :mad:

·
Registered
952 Posts
I truly wish people would just STOP buying puppies for their children like they're disposable toys and then throwing them on craigslist or dropping them off at shelters when Jane/Jimmy doesn't have any interest in them anymore and the parents are tired of caring for them. It just boggles me what little thought process parents use when they go out and do something like this.

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
I'm just looking through my local CL now and see people who have some sort of ten-step application process to rehome their cat (oh and there's a fee!) and they want an "open adoption" where they can make appointments to visit the cat. F'real? There are pages and pages of FREE cats, no questions asked.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'm a habitual BYB flagger. I also flag ad's for rehoming fee's more than $150(because c'mon, if your dog needs to be rehomed, you shouldn't worry about making a quick buck while your at it).

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I truly wish people would just STOP buying puppies for their children like they're disposable toys and then throwing them on craigslist or dropping them off at shelters when Jane/Jimmy doesn't have any interest in them anymore and the parents are tired of caring for them. It just boggles me what little thought process parents use when they go out and do something like this.

Reminds me of a lady who wanted to adopted an 11 month old Shepherd/Husky mix from me for her 9 year old daughter.I asked her what would happen if her daughter no longer showed interest in taking care of the dog,and the mother said ' Well the dog will be looking for a new home :('

·
Registered
910 Posts
That is just horrible. If I ever have children, they are never going to get a pet that I am unwilling/unable to take care of after the kids lost interest and turn out to be normal, irresponsible children.

·
Registered
952 Posts
The one I saw yesterday was the worst. Small yorkie/terrier mix - crate trained, house broken, very sweet at only 4 months, but they bought it for their 4 yr old and said it jumped on her too much so it had to go. :mad:

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
I saw one the other day where a man was trying to rehome his cat. It was a beautiful, long haird cat. He stated the cat loved to hunt bugs in his house, therefore he was doing the cat an injustice by keeping it has a 'house cat'. He was looking for a farm to adopt it. I couldn't decide if he truly realized what he was doing to the cat.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I saw one the other day where a man was trying to rehome his cat. It was a beautiful, long haird cat. He stated the cat loved to hunt bugs in his house, therefore he was doing the cat an injustice by keeping it has a 'house cat'. He was looking for a farm to adopt it. I couldn't decide if he truly realized what he was doing to the cat.
My indoor cat is an avid bug-hunter. God, I love that evil cat. Whenever I see a roach or something, I'll get her and sic her on it. I don't want to live without a roach cat.

But she is still a far cry from the outside cat. The outside cat, Gorbachev, is death to anything smaller than her, and a formidable for against things that aren't . Birds, lizards, mice, squirrels, other cats...Gorbachev can handle herself.

But I would never dream of turning my indoor cat outside. All she knows is indoors, and hunting bugs is no preparation for the life of a barn cat. I hope that guy knows that his cat is probably going to die if it just gets turned loose on a farm.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts