German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I am back to Lamb. The new lamb seems to be a much larger kibble that fills up the storage drum, which begs the question: Did the kcal/cup change??? Do I have to start feeding the monsters more of this??? I just got my system down, errgh!!

Dubya's stool is now yellow mush. Everyone else is slightly mushy. Whitney quit eating for a day and a half, but I think that was the collision of heads that caused that. Babsy is still on the old stuff, but her bin is running out, and well, being in the last few days of her pregnancy, I am not a happy camper about that at all. I have been giving her handfulls of the yellowish lamb recipe and she is doing fine with it though. I have a new bag of the four meat source for her, so I hope the added lamb stuff will give her enough of the new ingredients to ease her into the change.

I am not taking the change well.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Quote:Dubya's stool is now yellow mush. Everyone else is slightly mushy.
Both my pups had the yellowish mush poo when we started using just the new formula (I mixed the old with the new for a few days). It's still somewhat of a yellowish color but more firm now. It was frustrating with this whole changing the formula thing.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Don't you have to mix for about a week to change from food to food? I have read a lot about the Canidae changes and a lot of people are complaining about mushy poo. Well are these people mixing there food with the old also? I never read anything about them doing so but I would think people are doing this because well it's common sense.

We just started Berrin on the Canidae Lamb I believe it's the old formula because none of the bags had a label on there. He has had ligther poo but it's not mushy at all. I have to scratch my head and wonder when I read some post though if they are just feeding there dogs the new formula with no mixing.

·
Registered
12,829 Posts
I didn't notice any difference in Morgan on the new formula - but she can eat anything. The puppy must have been on old formula at his breeders becuase he was sort of runny. 2 weeks into new formula, he's much more solid.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Originally Posted By: StormyDon't you have to mix for about a week to change from food to food? I have read a lot about the Canidae changes and a lot of people are complaining about mushy poo. Well are these people mixing there food with the old also? I never read anything about them doing so but I would think people are doing this because well it's common sense.

We just started Berrin on the Canidae Lamb I believe it's the old formula because none of the bags had a label on there. He has had ligther poo but it's not mushy at all. I have to scratch my head and wonder when I read some post though if they are just feeding there dogs the new formula with no mixing.
Yes, that is the normal when you <u>change</u> foods. This was not a food change and I for one was not aware of the impending formula change, I found out when I opened the new bag and noticed a different look and smell. I went to the Canidae web site and at that time it said nothing about the formula change. But that said, I did have some left in the old bag as always I dump it on top of the new and in all sense did mix the old with the new. There is just some thing in the new formula that did not sit well with Dallas as with alot of other dogs. I for one fed it for a week and poos got worse as the week went on. Therefore I made the decision to change foods. I am so disappointed in Canidae.

·
Registered
31,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One would think that a formula change way down in the ingredient list would not require they type of mixing that going from one label of food to another would.

I used to be able to switch from their four meat source kibble to their lamb kibble to their chicken kibble without doing ANY mixing.

Whether it is the barley, the mullet, the peas, or the fresh lamb, it is currently not sitting well with Whitney, Jenna, or Dubya. Some days it seems more firm and I think they are getting better. Then I get a day where we have yellow mustard, ewww!

Having dogs going to shows and a bitch about to give birth makes this REALLY frustrating. As my dogs are all kept at their ideal weight, a prolonged food problem will cost my dogs in their condition too.

I am beyond disappointed. I am frustrated! I am still hoping to get them cleared up though. Maybe immodium around for a couple of days will help?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts