German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The annoying air raid siren went off on schedule. We live a mile from the base, so it's very very loud. They test it the first Saturday of every month at noon, and it drives Wolfie insane! Poor dog, runs around crying and barking his head off. It hurts my ears, so I know it hurts his. GRR... Any of you have annoyances like this where you live?

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Coyotes. I swear they watch me at night through my window. "Is she asleep yet?" And as soon as they are sure I am, they all start singing at the moon. Drives Hondo nuts. Gives me a heart attack.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Coyotes. I swear they watch me at night through my window. "Is she asleep yet?" And as soon as they are sure I am, they all start singing at the moon. Drives Hondo nuts. Gives me a heart attack.
That would creep me out.We have them around here, but I have only actually seen one.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
We have a siren and horn go off every Friday at 1:25 pm at the Smelter I work at and it gets pretty annoying. It scares the heck out of me especially when I am working just below the siren:shocked:

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
the tornado warning siren is tested every day at noon. Of course, they don't test it on days when there are storms

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Our local sirens go off the first Wednesday of the month at 1:00 pm.
If we're outside, the dogs will stop and kind of stare, but they don't get too excited about it.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
We have a cannon that gets fired off everyday at five to signal that it's the end of the day on base, I don't live on base but I live close enough to hear the cannon.

I was driving past headquarters where they do the ceremony. I was dead infront of the cannon on the road when they fired it, my whole car shook and I swear I almost peed my own pants. No joke. It was scary...

My dogs used to bark when they heard the cannon but now they are used to it. Me, however, never will be!!

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
the tornado warning siren is tested every day at noon. Of course, they don't test it on days when there are storms
lol I guess that defeats the purpose of a tornado warning siren doesn't it lol

·
Registered
492 Posts
First Tuesday of every month we have an Emergency test siren go off a few times. The first time it sounds Clark stares out the window, the second usually at me, the third time she starts howling with it. Its pretty funny, actually. I like to think its the wolf in her trying to come out.

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
As soon as we go outside the neighbor's dog charges down the hill barking his head off. He doesn't come on our property but stands there barking and barking the entire time we're playing frisbee. The dog belongs to the guy who shot Stosh, the same dog that was barking when Stosh went over to see what was going on. At first Stosh was a little leery of being out there but now he ignores it. Still annoying though

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
don't be affraid of something that can't harm you.
you're in your house. what can the coyotes do
to you when you're in your house???

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
My husband, he isn't a morning person and I am full of energy by 6 am

1 - 17 of 17 Posts