German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bozo: Bozo is a 2 year old white shepherd. Bozo came in because his dog house mate, who he had always gotten along with, started going through chemo. As soon as the chemo started, they had a falling out. That being said, Bozo has been amazing with the dogs here. He is fantastic with people and very eager to please. We feel that it was the illness or something about the chemical changes with the chemo that caused the issues between Bozo and his canine house mate. We would recommend a dog interaction before sending him home with another dog, but we would recommend that for all dogs.But again, he has done well with dogs here.

Bozo has been at the shelter for two weeks and his number is coming up for being euthanized. The shelter staff are DEVOTED to this dog and are fighting for him.

All know area GSD Rescues have been contacted, none has a spot for him and we are very concerned for his safety as time is so limited.

Please contact : [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All help is most welcome! Feel free to cross post & share. Unfortunately, in the Mid-Atlantic it is raining GSDs this spring. We are getting an un-usually high number of dogs in shelter and multiple requests to surrender directly from owners every day.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Have you tried All Shepherd's Rescue in MD? I wish I could take this dog...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am primarily with All Shepherd Rescue. MAGSR, VGSR, Echo etc have been contacted. Every known area rescue is trying to open up space. This is a timing issue, this dog is a good guy. No issues with other shelter dogs.... He has everything going for him except being surrendered to a kill shelter.

Even a temp foster would be so great.....Kirstyn at shelter is devoted to this dog and it would be a terrible shame for him to be destroyed.

Thanks to everyone for concern and suggestions!! I will follow any lead for him.

·
Premium Member
11,380 Posts
how stupid are people? Spend thousands of dollars to work on an ill pet and dump a healthy one in the shelter????????????????????????

I hope he finds help....

sheesh

Lee

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks so much all for great leads and suggestions. We are working every lead.

[email protected] is primary contact for this guy. She is his caretaker at the shelter. She is on her email constantly and can provide best information. I am advocating for him, but do not have personal knowledge.

From Kirstyn:

He is neutered, HW negative and UTD on vaccines. I would be fine with placing him with older kids. Haven't cat tested. No resource guarding, fine with touch, will play fetch, but currently, he is deteriorating and starting to spin in his run. He was evaluated when he first came in and he was great then, but after a month and a half in the shelter, he's just really starting to lose it, so at this time, I would recommend him to a dog experienced home.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks to everyone sending PMs on additional rescue leads and inquiries, please know EVERY lead is being pursued with respectful email requesting help and photos attached.

Please keep thinking... this guy just needs ONE good break, many serious offers to assist with transport once a rescue is identified.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Just sent you a PM re: temp housing.

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
Any chance that you can visit him and entertain him? I was told that he is not doing well, he has been at the shelter for a while. My old guy is paralyzed and I am getting him used to the wheelcheir. I cannot handle anything right now.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I was just going to ask if having a "day out" would be a good thing. I wouldn't mind going up Saturday to take him on a good walk, maybe bring him some special treats and just love all over him...

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I can contribute some money to get him into a boarding kennel, if necessary.

Jelpy

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bozo is SAFE. Accepted into Rescue in New Jersey. Shelter staff were arranging transport as of about 6pm this afternoon.

This guy lingered in Annapolis, MD shelter for 6 weeks. It is no accident he is safe 48 hours after being posted on this forum.

This was a huge TEAM success. Thank you to all who offered contacts, shared, facebook-ed, bumped and emailed on his behalf. In rescue you see the very worst of human nature and the very best. So proud to be in the company of the BEST!!!

He will never know how many came together for him, but dang it, we deserve a group hug : ).

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bravo to Garden State German Shepherd Rescue for Accepting Bozo!! If anyone is interested in adoption, he will be available shortly.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts