German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone watch It's Me or the Dog with Victoria Stilwell on Animal Planet. Filmed in England, UK. What "over the top" owners she deals with. I can't help but laugh at how funny and stupid some people can be.

Comments...

·
Registered
671 Posts
I have seen a few episodes. I love when the owners are always cheerfully showing how they live/act with the dog and she will be so clearly in absolute disgust at them. lol

·
Registered
979 Posts
I love this show. It never fails to make me laugh. There are some real nutcases on it. I love the ones where they feed their dog Chinese Take Out and tea and crumpets at noon and can't figure out why the dog is so fat. Her outfits are a little over the top too!

·
Super Moderator
27,461 Posts
I love it too! Alot of good information and how it's we 'owners' are the ones that are 'broken'. And when we get fixed, WOW look how great our dogs become!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Michelle, I think that is half the reason why I watch her.... I love when a woman is in charge... LOL

Are owners only like that in the UK?

·
Registered
714 Posts
Hailing from the UK, I can say that while there are a lot of eccentrics out there most of us are relatively normal (I think!). I love watching "It's me or the dog", especially those owners who are clearly at the bottom of their pack.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I do watch it when I can. It's good entertainment too.

I like alot of what she says and most of the clients are so clueless, but I guess that's why the called her in the first place.

As far as her outfits, yeah.....I like to see her in more color and less black!!!

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
I cannot tell a lie, I watch her too. How about that car she drives? I saw the episode last week that was all about overweight pooches. The beagle was the only one who didn't make any progress and she took him away for a month to a doggie fat camp.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Originally Posted By: Sean Rescue MomI cannot tell a lie, I watch her too. How about that car she drives? I saw the episode last week that was all about overweight pooches. The beagle was the only one who didn't make any progress and she took him away for a month to a doggie fat camp.
I just watched that the other day. It amazed me that no one would own up to over feeding that dog, not the mom or the kids. Well someone was, that was for sure!

·
Super Moderator
27,461 Posts
I LOVE THE SHOW!!!!!! The owners are always getting into trouble and as soon as they 'fix' themselves it's amazing how much better the dogs do!!!!

·
Registered
742 Posts
Since our dog wakes up at 5:30AM pretty consistantly, by the time I have her out for potty and fed its 6:00AM when this show comes on so I watch it. I like it but too many reruns for me already. She looks like she could be the modern day Diana Rigg on that old british spy show the way she dresses. Owners are pretty funny how they let their dogs run the house until she shows up.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yes, it's on here when I go to work so I watch a few minutes. Some of the people on the show make me think we really have it together around here when the dog simply sits and downs. I think it was last week they had a couple with very spiked hair that had a child and a dog. The dog had taken complete control and this couple didn't even get off the couch to correct the dog when the dog jumped and knocked over the poor child.

The couple said they were going to bed at 7 pm so they could get some peace and quiet. <G>

·
Super Moderator
32,283 Posts
I've never seen it, but my sister (who has 6 rescue cats, and no dog - YET!) watches it and tells me about some of the episodes. She told me about the one on fat dogs, and OMG!!!

·
Super Moderator
27,461 Posts
Originally Posted By: MikeB06Michelle, I think that is half the reason why I watch her.... I love when a woman is in charge... LOL

Are owners only like that in the UK?
One of the reasons I like the show is I thought we only had crazy dog owners/dogs here in the USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts