German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Banned
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I find animal liberationists the worst humanizer for dogs. If they end domestic dogs or think they can they are crazy. Okay my dog goes to try to eat food off our dinner table. I simply said no and let him outside. I play with letting him outside/inside its so fun! She tells me to let him do what he wants to do as if I'm treating like I'm badly treating him. Good thing she doesn't live here anymore she'll mess up his training operant conditioning and clicker training. Also they have so much extreme views like dogs are slaves. Even has extremes for breeders god hate black and white views. I also disagree we are herbivores we are omnivores and rethinking the omnivore thing in dogs and guardian/ owner thing. What would happen if we legally changed owner to guardian?

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Owner works fine. It's what we really are. Dogs cannot function in society on a level required to be considered equal. Kids can't either but they do grow up, dogs are dogs from day one till the day they die.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Lobo I truly think you are just playing with everyone" I hope you are if not " stay in school" if you are have fun ! We were all young once. Bill:)

·
Super Moderator
21,368 Posts
ok, so it's this way, PLEASE stop with the snarky comments,

If you don't like what he's asking, have a negative comment, refrain from hitting the keyboard.

Posters keep talking about not replying, well then DON'T if you can't answer his question , then ignore the post.

Thank you to the posters who kept it to topic.

With that, I'm deleting anything that has nothing to do with the question. Why waste space?:)

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I find animal liberationists the worst humanizer for dogs.
I agree.

If they end domestic dogs or think they can they are crazy.
Dogs love us feeding them. They have evolved to live with us mentally and physically.

Okay my dog goes to try to eat food off our dinner table. I simply said no and let him outside.
That is a sensible approach. The table is for people to eat of not the dog.

She tells me to let him do what he wants to do as if I'm treating like I'm badly treating him.
When she gets her own dog she can make her own decisions on it's manners and rules.

I also disagree we are herbivores we are omnivores
From Wikipedia..."Omnivores often are opportunistic, general feeders which lack carnivore or herbivore specializations for acquiring or processing food, but which nevertheless consume both animal protein and vegetation."

Note dogs are Omnivores as they do and can eat vegetables and meats.

The best food is Raw meats and bones. But cooked veg is also very good addition as is kibble.

and rethinking the omnivore thing in dogs and guardian/ owner thing.
What is the difference. I own my dog. It is my dog. I'm responsible for feeding it and teaching it and providing safe housing for it.

When I mind friends dogs, I'm responsible but they still own the dog. Pretty simple really. Owner and guardian are just words. Don't get caught up in perception of terms as it is a waist of time.

Fact is you have to look after dogs, no matter what is your theory on it. They need exercise, discipline and affection to be well mannered and content, and they need food, water and shelter to be physically thriving.

·
Super Moderator
16,483 Posts
One thing I thought of as well. A dog with no limits may very well wind up biting and being put to sleep. Dogs seem happier with limits.

I was at training yesterday with the police department - our cadaver dogs / their drug dogs. The dogs absolutely LOVE to work-we were watching their dogs and commenting on the sheer joy in the work. Animal rights folks see this as abuse but if you have ever worked with a dog, you know they thrive on this. Dogs evolved in partnership with humans and became our hunting companions. That desire to connect with humans and interact has been shown in studies (wolves are not interested but dogs are)

Dogs, But Not Wolves, Use Humans As Tools | The Thoughtful Animal, Scientific American Blog Network

·
Banned
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
One thing I thought of as well. A dog with no limits may very well wind up biting and being put to sleep. Dogs seem happier with limits.

I was at training yesterday with the police department - our cadaver dogs / their drug dogs. The dogs absolutely LOVE to work-we were watching their dogs and commenting on the sheer joy in the work. Animal rights folks see this as abuse but if you have ever worked with a dog, you know they thrive on this. Dogs evolved in partnership with humans and became our hunting companions. That desire to connect with humans and interact has been shown in studies (wolves are not interested but dogs are)

Dogs, But Not Wolves, Use Humans As Tools | The Thoughtful Animal, Scientific American Blog Network
I agree.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts